UVI World Suite and $30 Voucher

cclarry

Great deal.   It's never been this cheap.  I think 30% has been the biggest discount and this is 50%.

It's one of my favorite libraries, although I do prefer EthnoWorld.   But sometimes I prefer an instrument I like better in one and another instrument in the other.   It has been a great place for me to explore world music. When I enjoy playing an instrument on World Suite, I often buy a dedicated instrument.

It's easier to search instruments through World Suite than EW because they sort them in two ways, through type of instrument and the place in the world they come from. 

If you know Precision Sound, UVI licensed a lot of samples from them for this. They then translated them into the World Suite interface, so they're not exactly the same.  I personally think the WS interface is great, and usually an improvement.

One thing that is fun about this library is something they call the Travelers, which is a fun way to use the loops that come with WS. 

• Thanks 1

It has to be better than it's predecessor UVI World Traditions, which was so comically bad it was completely unuseable. I mean, 100% useless. 

I bought it on sale from one of the online discounters, and couldn't believe what I was hearing when I tried the samples: 2 second loop points that went full machine gun almost as soon as you pressed the key; odd patch names; and weird instrument classifications -- according to World Traditions, the alto sax was apparently an ethnic Balkan instrument. Bet you didn't know that. 

The library was so bad, it put me off UVI completely, and I've never spent a dime with them since. Admittedly, I have heard pretty good things about World Suite, but I'm not sure I really want to take a chance on it. 

Edited by Robert Caley

36 minutes ago, Robert Caley said:

It has to be better than it's predecessor UVI World Traditions, which was so comically bad it was completely unuseable. I mean, 100% useless. 

I bought it on sale from one of the online discounters, and couldn't believe what I was hearing when I tried the samples: 2 second loop points that went full machine gun almost as soon as you pressed the key; odd patch names; and weird instrument classifications -- according to World Traditions, the alto sax was apparently an ethnic Balkan instrument. Bet you didn't know that. 

The library was so bad, it put me off UVI completely, and I've never spent a dime with them since. Admittedly, I have heard pretty good things about World Suite, but I'm not sure I really want to take a chance on it. 

I believe that World Traditions was just ported over from MOTU.  Some sample material was used from that in World Suite, but the interface was completely redone and a lot of new stuff was added, like the Precision Sound instruments. 

I've never had that experience with it, or heard anybody else make complaints about World Suite.  But I have never heard anybody say anything positive about World Traditions.  Even Ra and Garritan World have some admirers. 

Maybe UVI shouldn't have put out World Traditions.  Still,  you are missing out on some pretty wonderful stuff with UVI.   Like Falcon, for starters.  🙂

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1