Waves Day 4 Deal

cclarry

6 hours ago, Grem said:

I haven't had any issues with Waves new versions. And I would suggest to those that do to run that version organizer.

From what I gather from talking to a few people is that Waves is still trying to keep backward compatibility with the last three versions all together on the same system. Some stuff they no longer use so it's not in the new WaveShell. But the older stuff needs the old WaveShell. Some stuff is used with live mixers/dj's and such and they use the Soundgrid app. Certain WaveShell are needed for that. And then there's the ability to have your Waves license on a USB stick and all of your presets for all Waves plugins that you use on your projects, so big producers can hop on a plane and fly around the world to another studio and plug their USB stick in and have use of the Waves plugins installed on that studio computer, presets and all!! And it's just on and on. I am surprised they keep it going at all!!

LOL! A paid shill could not have done better.  Most likely they go to  a studio that has the same gear.  Basically Waves is tryin to erase their bad history just like Pace.   They make great stuff it's just the other nonsense.   I have to buy duplicate licenses to avoid that reason you mentioned, except it's not a proprietary dongle.  I don't have to deal with that using IK, Izotope, or Melda.  It's less complicated.  There's no shortage of reading on the web where people stop using them (not for their quality).   There's a reason why they have become the bargain plugins.  

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

LOL! A paid shill could not have done better.  Most likely they go to  a studio that has the same gear.  Basically Waves is tryin to erase their bad history just like Pace.   They make great stuff it's just the other nonsense.   I have to buy duplicate licenses to avoid that reason you mentioned, except it's not a proprietary dongle.  I don't have to deal with that using IK, Izotope, or Melda.  It's less complicated.  There's no shortage of reading on the web where people stop using them (not for their quality).   There's a reason why they have become the bargain plugins.  

Are you bitflipper in disguise by any chance? an alias perhaps? (Rhetorical, I know the answer)

or just one of those bitter people who can't follow instructions?

Personally I have never had an issue with Waves or Waves Central, it's pretty much a no brainer from where I stand, easy as.

Edited by ensonced

20 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Grem a paid shill? Never. We wouldn’t allow him as a member. Groucho Marx was right. 

The PSA

(Paid Shills Association)

Are you shilling the PSA?

And yes Groucho was right. I was interviewing for a job once and the HR guy said "we would like to have you come and work for us". I said, "the only thing I would like to consider a bit is do I want to come and work for some one who would hire someone like me".  He said "we've lowered our standard considerably just by interviewing you and we think you should meet us halfway". I said, " I'm not exactly sure  what that means but see ya Monday"

Edited by BassDaddy
spelling
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, ensonced said:

Are you bitflipper in disguise by any chance? an alias perhaps? (Rhetorical, I know the answer)

or just one of those bitter people who can't follow instructions?

Personally I have never had an issue with Waves or Waves Central, it's pretty much a no brainer from where I stand, easy as.

Same here many others have.  Eventually in my often failed attempt to reduce plugin bloat Waves is on my list to stop buying because with so many individual licenses such things like WUP doesn't work for me.  With Melda I never pay for an upgrade. When I TRacks 5 all of my individual plugin s were updated,

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Not sure I understand this. As I understand it, your suggesting that I am speaking like I am being paid to say this? Correct me if I am wrong.

That's what I heard. If you were being paid, don't quit your day job. You won't make a living at it.

• Haha 1