Waves Day 4 Deal

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I got it, yeah I know, GAS... anyway, Still waiting on SSL to show up after about an hour now.. No mention of it on my receipt either, worrying.

You will not be dissapointed. There is not a dud in the Gold bundle. Old UI maybe, but they all still work extremely well. 

And if you bought from Koby over at everyplugin.com, you ain't got nothing to worry about. He will fix you up. He's never let me down, or anyone else that I know of. Customer service over there is outstanding. If there is something wrong, he'll fix it.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I had a few of what I am getting already, but it definitely fills some holes I want to explore for colour etc.

Don't know if you have Vitamin already, but if not, give that a go. Lots of fun there!

36 minutes ago, Zo said:

also people seems to forget about cpu hit , waves managed to deliver classics at a small cpu hit cost ... 

This is so true. You can use the comp C1 or Audio Track on all of your tracks and not take a huge hit on your cpu. And both of those plugins are outstanding. 

The C1 comp reminds me of the Sonitus comp, clean, transparent, easy to use, and no cpu hit. If you want more colorful comp, try the V Comp.

So, to end the saga... at 4 hours there was no sign of SSL still. I sent an e-mail, initial response was almost a canned response, and was clearly from someone too busy to note I had already bought it, and said so. After my second (response to first), no e-mail response, but, suddenly my SSL license is there :).  HaPPY HAPPY.. LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Don't know if you have Vitamin already, but if not, give that a go. Lots of fun there!

This is so true. You can use the comp C1 or Audio Track on all of your tracks and not take a huge hit on your cpu. And both of those plugins are outstanding. 

The C1 comp reminds me of the Sonitus comp, clean, transparent, easy to use, and no cpu hit. If you want more colorful comp, try the V Comp.

C4 is all someone can need from tracks to master also !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

You will not be dissapointed. There is not a dud in the Gold bundle. Old UI maybe, but they all still work extremely well. 

And if you bought from Koby over at everyplugin.com, you ain't got nothing to worry about. He will fix you up. He's never let me down, or anyone else that I know of. Customer service over there is outstanding. If there is something wrong, he'll fix it.

Koby is rock solid. One of the top 2 reasons to buy at everyplugin. Lowest price (almost always) is the other.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

crap shoot installation.

I haven't had any issues with Waves new versions. And I would suggest to those that do to run that version organizer.

From what I gather from talking to a few people is that Waves is still trying to keep backward compatibility with the last three versions all together on the same system. Some stuff they no longer use so it's not in the new WaveShell. But the older stuff needs the old WaveShell. Some stuff is used with live mixers/dj's and such and they use the Soundgrid app. Certain WaveShell are needed for that. And then there's the ability to have your Waves license on a USB stick and all of your presets for all Waves plugins that you use on your projects, so big producers can hop on a plane and fly around the world to another studio and plug their USB stick in and have use of the Waves plugins installed on that studio computer, presets and all!! And it's just on and on. I am surprised they keep it going at all!!

Edited by Grem