Paste clip override muted clip

micv

12 hours ago, martsave martin s said:

sorry i dont understand what is your issue

an example:  I cut and paste a clip in section 1 , into a section 2 to compare.  But I have other clip in the take lane in section 2 already, variations of the same theme, that I muted.  Cakewalk will paste the copy clip on top of (or override) the existing muted clip in that lane, even in "Blend' mode. 

The expected or desire behavior is if there is an existing clip, muted or not, don't override it in 'Blend' mode, put it on an open lane, or have the option to.

12 hours ago, David Baay said:

If you paste to a focused track in Blend mode (i.e. sound on sound) with no specfic lane focused, Cakewalk should put the clip in a new lane.  But I recommend you just take charge - create the lane, and drag or paste deliberatley to that lane.

I was editing in Takes Lane mode (all lanes opened).  I hardly cut and paste in track mode as it will also select all the clips in that selected timeframe  section.

and yes, with no option that I can find, I have to make sure to paste into and empty lane (create one , select it, and paste into it).

I don't recall it behavinh this way until the last couple updated.