"Say Goodbye"

PhonoBrainer

Working with a better vocalist on this one. . . song finishes the podcast, starts around 6:40.  Contrary to the cover art, it's not all about Andrew Yang 🤔

Thanks for the listens and would love any comments.

Listen to 15 Minutes of Shame Episode 09 (12-17-2019) by 15 Minutes of Shame Podcast on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-570964128/15-minutes-of-shame-episode-09-12-17-2019

• Like 2

Good tune, coming of age thing; I like it!
However, I think we're still at the "demo" stage here; needs a little more "polish".
Take a good hard listen, there's spots where the bass kind of drops out and leaves it a bit lacking.
We have the acoustic guitar carrying the track, then the electric piano; put it all together.
Love the electric tone on the intro, use that some more in the verses/chorus maybe?
Just my thoughts, as always; your song, your production...

Tom

making the listener "search" for the tune? take us straight to the song, add a link to the podcast for context.

3 hours ago, congalocke said:

Roughly 7 minutes in? "One more year and I'll be gone for good"? It sounds like music for a stage play. Straightforward...nice keys in the change up. Can totally see this in a play. Nice work!

The "stage play" thing occurred to me as well. Many thanks for the listen!

Nice song with a nice vocal.
Catchy and good lyrics.

Nice

The only comment I have is for the presenters.
I personally have been a DJ and presenter for many years on TV and radio.
The best advice I was ever given was to be yourself in your voice... not trying to put on a voice..  as you think DJs do etc.
Pick someone out of the audience (or imagine) and talk to them how you would have a normal conversation.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:09 AM, garybrun said:

Nice song with a nice vocal.
Catchy and good lyrics.

Nice

The only comment I have is for the presenters.
I personally have been a DJ and presenter for many years on TV and radio.
The best advice I was ever given was to be yourself in your voice... not trying to put on a voice..  as you think DJs do etc.
Pick someone out of the audience (or imagine) and talk to them how you would have a normal conversation.

Thanks Gary! I passed along your comments to the youngsters . . .

9 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

lovely Tom - really innocent feeling to vocal/arrangement etc. Is the song yours and is the playing you? The main post is a little unclear.

Yes, my kid wrote lyrics and melody, and sang it. I added some computer fluffery and played piano. There was a very fast time schedule on this so we both played the guitar in through a keyboard, a couple of OTS guitars, Dracus I think, and a Studio Nylon if I remember. Bass was the excellent AmpleSound Acoustic Bass. I think I added maybe one arrangement idea along the way. Pretty fun project! thanks for the comments.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, martsave martin s said:

really good & sound good!

thanks Martsave martin!

11 hours ago, kloon said:

Nice track, lovely lyrics.

thanks, Kloon!

11 hours ago, ZincT said:

Love the acoustic guitar sound and heartfelt vocals. Love that vocal "fadeout" on the word "fade".  

Kind of simple arrangement which worked well.

Yes, thanks, the simplicity is heartfelt and glad it came across as such! Thanks for the listen!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 7:48 AM, David Sprouse said:

This brought a tear to my eye and I don't got kids!  :D:D  Not sure what they meant by DEMO.  Could have sworn I'd heard this in a show before. :D:D

David! Don't go gettin' all misty! But seriously, thanks for the great comment. There is real emotion in this, I agree. So glad you liked it. I have passed these comments along to the author.

• Like 1

I think this was very well written and arranged . The style of the vocalist is perfect for this one.  When your schedule allows you should definitely do a remake. This one could be made into a timeless recording that everyone thinks they've heard before from a movie soundtrack or a broadway play.    Enjoyed it ..  mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I just listen to a tune and then read the thread .

In this case I had to read what was going on over here in the thread  to be able to understand what is going on over there w your Soundcloud  podcast . 

Having said that , I'm glad I was able to skip the politics of it all and  just give the tune  a listen .

As far as the tune goes , it reminds me of many types of songs and media I would hear and be exposed  to as I listen to some of the public broadcast stations I get in my area .I think it is awesome you got and get to work with your son ..that one in itself sounds like a real blessing to me ...

all the best,

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...