London’s best symphonic brass and woodwinds sections
    Recorded at London's AIR Studios, home of blockbuster film scores
    Available in our free standalone plug-in
    Close, Room & Distortion signals
    19 players
    6 essential articulations
    ~1.5GB

$29.00

[We are excited to inform you that as an owner of Albion I Legacy, you will receive our new library Originals — Epic Brass & Woods for free, which is being released today. You will receive an email informing you when your download is ready.

Epic Brass & Woodwinds features content from Albion I Legacy which we have updated. The new library is simplified and presented in our free, easy-to-use plugin, featuring 6 articulations and 3 signals (Close, Room and Distorted).]

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/originals

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

But why don’t Albion ONE owners get this?!

Between this and what they did with the Black Friday bonus library that wasn't offered to earlier BBCSO purchases (so if you had waited to buy you would have gotten the same price, less bugs and a unique not for sale library) it's clear Spitfire and I have differing views on how to treat customers.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Between this and what they did with the Black Friday bonus library that wasn't offered to earlier BBCSO purchases (so if you had waited to buy you would have gotten the same price, less bugs and a unique not for sale library) it's clear Spitfire and I have differing views on how to treat customers.

yes - they don't give me a warm fuzzy feeling -  in fact I've been put off from spending more with them.  There would be zero loss of revenue if they gave them to Albion ONE owners as they are not the ones to be buying the 'originals' line. .....IMO

FWIW this is the 'answer' (?) I got from support when I asked about why Albion ONE owners don't get them for free

"Thanks for getting in touch, that is correct, owners of the now discontinued Albion Vol.1 (Legacy) received free copies of Epic Strings, this is not to be confused with the current Albion ONE library, if you believe you should have received a copy please let me know the email of the account where you own Albion Vol.1 and I'll look into this for you"

so basically 'no'

26 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I stopped purchasing their products a few years ago because they used a similar technique for Legacy Albion owners to upgrade to Albion One.

I'm assuming that's why I get these free & not One owners.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Pretty sure Kontakt doesn't enforce a 2 machine limit, since it has no way to deauth.  I think that's a legal thing not a technical one.

Obviously not if it doesn't require the player.  I have installed player libraries on 4 machines before.   The Spitfire app is a hassle using another machine because it assumes it's already installed.

Legacy is a different product than Albion ONE.  It didn't start out as ONE, it was just Albion.  When Spitfire ported some of these Legacy samples to their new player they gave a copy to the owners.  This has been their consistent policy with all libraries they port to the new player.  I don't think it's a big deal.  These things are priced pretty cheaply and the LABS stuff has an even better price.  I'm okay with it.

But as people on VI:Control are not happy with the Spitfire player,  I'm not as quick on the trigger to buy these $29 thingies until I hear more about them.  I wonder if they will be available for 40% off during the Wishlist?   Probably not.  Too soon, and I'm sure they think they are a good deal already. 

Orchestral Tools shows how it's done.  They've been explaining their player since the beginning of this year.  And all these videos before they even made it available.  Not to mention they seem to have done a great job with it.   Looking forward to their free library so I can check it out. 

My feeling is.... I don't like Engine and I don't like Play, but I'll buy libraries with any player if I like the music enough.  On the other hand, I love Falcon and am really liking the Synchron Player.  HALion would be great if there were better libraries for it. 

If people like OT's Sine, there may be a whole new post-kontakt world coming.  Lots of other players...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Legacy is a different product than Albion ONE.  It didn't start out as ONE, it was just Albion.  When Spitfire ported some of these Legacy samples to their new player they gave a copy to the owners.  This has been their consistent policy with all libraries they port to the new player.  I don't think it's a big deal.  These things are priced pretty cheaply and the LABS stuff has an even better price.  I'm okay with it.

But as people on VI:Control are not happy with the Spitfire player,  I'm not as quick on the trigger to buy these $29 thingies until I hear more about them.  I wonder if they will be available for 40% off during the Wishlist?   Probably not.  Too soon, and I'm sure they think they are a good deal already. 

Orchestral Tools shows how it's done.  They've been explaining their player since the beginning of this year.  And all these videos before they even made it available.  Not to mention they seem to have done a great job with it.   Looking forward to their free library so I can check it out. 

My feeling is.... I don't like Engine and I don't like Play, but I'll buy libraries with any player if I like the music enough.  On the other hand, I love Falcon and am really liking the Synchron Player.  HALion would be great if there were better libraries for it. 

If people like OT's Sine, there may be a whole new post-kontakt world coming.  Lots of other players...

I love Synchron, the older player is like the Melda of romplers.   I don't like VSL's policies.  I had issues with Engine back when it was under Yellow Tools.   After break a storage drive I started to realize how much sample hoarding there was.  There are some users who stick with a library and learn it well.  Eventually these proprietary players and download managers are just going to add more confusion.  

You would also think Spitfire with their player would have working demos.

I don't think working demos was a design goal for the Spitfire player.  It could have been, but it wasn't.

So if you have Albion ONE, but not the legacy 1, and are in the $29 boat, are these worth getting at all?  Or does Albion ONE cover so much of this, in a better player, that getting these would just be a waste?

My guess is if you didn't have anything though, $58 isn't that bad for what this offers.  But it's a lot less clear if you have Albion ONE.

• Like 2

What confuses people is that Albion was the first version, Albion ONE is the second version. I always preferred the sound of Albion over Albion ONE & use that version. Of course I had to pay to upgrade to find that out.

I find a bit ironic. When Albion ONE was released us Albion owners needed to pay for the upgrade. Now they're selling the bits & pieces of the Legacy version. Are people actually buying these new mini libraries based on those legacy samples aren't in Albion ONE? 

Those Spitfire chaps are clever!

• Haha 1