Rejoice Rejoice Rejoice !!!

John K

Voyager,

I thought at first you were going to bite my head off. Welcome here and sorry about what you have been through. It sounds like you could walk with the doctor so means that you recovered (hope completely).

I think there are some good points to a yogic diet especially in your case. You may already have learned this in classes you took but can offer a review and maybe some things they didn’t cover.

Vegetarian diet is at the core of it for ethical reasons that also mostly follow health reasons.

My cooking skills have been compared to burning water. Sister Jyotishvarii may have some good tips and perspectives. I’m sure she can put mind/brain interface of the subtle second body on the back burner for awhile to get into diet. There is nothing worse than trying to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle and find yourself staring at a plate of lettuce and carrot sticks. Doesn’t have to be that bad. And the always present question, where do you get enough protein to survive.

Don’t think that I’m making light of what you have gone through, but look at where you would possibly be right now otherwise. Slamming down tequila shots never questioning why you are here or where you are headed. In this spin on it, you are incredibly fortunate.

The ancient heathens had a term “sam’vit shakti”.  No direct English translation but means an evolutionary energy that causes sudden awakening to the realization of the state of things. Inherent is the state of pain whether physical or mental that precipitates the crisis. The entity realizes in depression that he/she has been screwed by society, by religion, by defective schooling, by collective ignorance. Nobody has answers and nobody knows a way out of the sky dive to death. That is when the search begins.

I will find contacts in your area and PM you if you can put forth the sustained effort to be dragged over a different set of coals in a process of rebirth. Jyoti can likely send you local info for the path she has adopted. Both approaches are of highest integrity, no money involved and will quickly get you out of the spandex social club.

Right now, I got to get back to practicing my English punctuations. JonG has me doubting my ability to communicate. Maybe I should just lower my standards and accept a lesser Nobel Prize instead of seeking poet laureate status.

Also to Jyoti. I looked all over the place for my grade school diploma. I can’t find it. I know it is here someplace since I saw it just a day before Obama came by to hang out. Strange, I can’t seem to find my birth certificate either.

John

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, John K said:

Maybe I should just lower my standards and accept a lesser Nobel Prize instead of seeking poet laureate status.

You must keep striving for your goal!! : )

3 hours ago, synkrotron said:

I shouldn't even be posting in this topic as I don't have a clue what it's about.

That hasn't stopped others!! Join in the fun!!

• Like 1

John,

Appreciate your compassion which says a lot about you.

I am not here to make friends and see much of the response to your teaching similar to the first few opening minutes of 2001 Space Odyssey.

I look forward to receiving contact information and yes, I can apply and stick with any discipline required.

As far as recovery, I have good and bad days but can walk unassisted on good days and am strong enough to walk with a cane on bad days. My voice is back partially. My wife says I sound like Alfred Hitchcock. My son says I sound like I have some weird foreign accent.

Don't let the turkeys get you down. Fly on above the clueless debris until they shut down the discussion.

Voyager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Fly on above the clueless debris until they shut down the discussion.

They haven't shut it down yet! So we must be doing something right!!

It's just that none of us can figure out what it is!! LOL : )

23 minutes ago, John K said:

I will go forward with the global poet laureate nomination.

I knew you would John. Just don't forget where you came from when you do arrive!!

InstrEd   Consider the fate of a cow  It lives, procreates and drops dead in spite of an immaculate diet suited to the organism’s innards We cannot get close to the purity of a cow, a rat, a dog not yet destroyed by human contact  Vegetarian or cannibal, we collide with the same endpoint of nescience after a few short years  Our temporary probe into reality has failed and has been mercifully recycled so not to cause further interference to the greater plan

Yeah got some good recipes but you guys got to be instructed to the why of it all if my contribution is to make any meaningful impact on what you need to learn

Get your aprons on Get your kitchen knives sharp  As painful as it will be, I will return to cause unrest

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jyotishvarii said:

InstrEd   Consider the fate of a cow  It lives, procreates and drops dead in spite of an immaculate diet suited to the organism’s innards We cannot get close to the purity of a cow, a rat, a dog not yet destroyed by human contact  Vegetarian or cannibal, we collide with the same endpoint of nescience after a few short years  Our temporary probe into reality has failed and has been mercifully recycled so not to cause further interference to the greater plan

Yeah got some good recipes but you guys got to be instructed to the why of it all if my contribution is to make any meaningful impact on what you need to learn

Get your aprons on Get your kitchen knives sharp  As painful as it will be, I will return to cause unrest

I'm at a loss for words and that doesn't happen very often and I lost my appetite.

4 hours ago, Jyotishvarii said:

Bring it! I am willing to at least look!! And wonder!

And maybe even partake!

Why does a lion eat meat? It's not thinking of the animal it's taking down other than a way to survive. Or am I simplifying/justifying my own appetite?

Voyager,

My sincere apologies to you, I had thought your post was in made jest, like so many others, I certainly didn't mean to offend.

Please accept my apology.

10 hours ago, John K said:

Right now, I got to get back to practicing my English punctuations. JonG has me doubting my ability to communicate. Maybe I should just lower my standards and accept a lesser Nobel Prize instead of seeking poet laureate status.

John K,

Once again apologies for the pedantry, but ...

First to the word practice or practise.

The form with the penultimate "c" is the noun from of the word. The form with the "s" is the verb.

E.g., "my normal practice is to take a thirty minute walk every day", but "he practises walking every day since he had the accident."

So your sentence, I believe, should read "I (have) got to get back to practising ...", 'to practise' being the infinite of verbal form.

Or better "I have to get back ..."

Like fish and fowl, "punctation" is both the singular and plural of the word when used in the context of your post.

Therefore "back to practising my English pronunciation."

Lastly, please could you use JohnG. My first name is not a foreshortening of Jonathan but, as I believe yours is, John.

Then, referring to the nomination of Poet Laureatship, I should, so to speak, like to throw my hat into the ring.

Here is my submission, extemporised from the OP on fish(es) and fowl(s).

Oh come thou fish of the Earths wide oceans,

Shoal together and with sweeping fin bear me up,

Let me leave the depths of my despair below

and, heart leaping,  seek the light and air of the new day.

Fowl of the blue sky, lift me aloft on beating wings,

Take me to the place of my dear hearts desire

And, with plaintiff cry, rejoice in the sunlight of her love.

It's pretty lame, I grant you, but it occured to me whilst sitting on the toilet defecating!

It's much on a par with that emission.

So, am I a contender too?

JohnG.

Edited by JohnG

JohnG,

My apologies as well for messing up your name.

I got to say your poem has me in tears and I might have to bow out of my top spot for poet laureate and hand it over to a better man.

Maybe I just have to be content trying to push for record number of responses on this thread.

John

I'm no expert, but if somebody is called JohnG,  should it not be written as Johng or in the case that the Capital G is being used as a further identifier to the name John (ie not John A,B,C D,E, F etc or maybe being the first letter of a surname)  should there not be a space between John and G? 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1