gain envelope stops working

micv

I just noticed that the clip gain envelope doesn't have any impact on the audio volume level.  I can draw the envelope but the audio level doesn't change.  I try the track's gain and it's doesn't change the level either.  If I do extreme boost or cut of a clip section then the volume do change,  but doesn't follow the section defined by the envelope nodes.  strange.

wonder if I inadvertently switched something  on/off.

If anyone has any suggestion let me know.  I'm thinking of doing a re-install but hope that it can be resolved. 

I'm on the version (?) (just before this 2019.11 stable version).  It was working fine and I haven't made any change.

11 hours ago, Gswitz said:

Two things to check...

2. Any chance you clicked the disable envelope follow button?

which button is that?

and clip pan doesn't work either.  also the track W button has a small white T on top, not sure what it means.

Thanks for the help so far.  I've been using the clip envelope for years without major issue.  Not sure what's going on here.  At this point I'm thinking it's the app. 

Just learned that W (with T) is for "touch"  mode, that's the default so that's not the issue either.

I uninstalled and installed the latest version.  It working intermittently and behaves erratically.  Disable the Global Read [R!] the clip with the envelope level jump to something like twice the level.  If the clip has a section with the gain at max then the whole clip is played at max level (+6db).  Think it's might be the graphics, I deleted all the pictures cache, still not working.  Deleted the audio.ini too.

In the past when the clip gain is not behaving, I can always comp and use the track's gain.  This time neither is working.

A week has passed, I tried a bunch of things but the problem still persists.  These are the strange behavior I noted:

If there is no nodes on the envelope, and you raise or lower the gain envelope line it will work fine.

When you have nodes, it will play correctly (the level) the very first time you play but if you stop and play the clip again, the level will not follow the nodes.  If you move the clip to another lane, it will play fine the first time in that lane and again won't play correctly on subsequent play.  I can re-produce the issue consistently.

The level is render correctly if you bounce the clip however.  Painfully this is my workaround at this time, bounce, play, undo, set gain, bounce, play, ..... until it's right.

When bounce clip, now sometimes the clip name is blank. 

No one seeing this issue?

8 hours ago, martsave martin s said:

is this on only one project?

good question, don't know, I'm still trying to find a clue.

Issue is observed on the project I created with the Sept 2019 release.  Interestingly, I opened that same project in Sonar Platinum and everything works fine there.