4K monitor and programs look fuzzy!

jono grant

@jono grant

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0MmoUVd4e_PeywqcyRjw?e=14tNCD

Now that I've looked  after the settings, I've seen that it's not 150%, but 175%. can remember, I wanted to try again these both, cause the monitors are about a bit more than 1 Meter away from the sitting position. In the settings  i have been experimentating a lot, but as you can see in the pictures, came back to change nothing but setting the resolution in nvidia and the scale in windows.

For sure, as azslow said, 100% and 200% are better, for me 100% is too small, 200% too big, so I have to use 150 or 175, must try again...

This weekend I have to fasten the speakers in these positions, how it is now, it's just for testing out, and the sound is very good now. I've attached the EQ settings after analysing. The best positions I ever had...problems are in the best made room!IMG_1703.thumb.jpg.82afaac52c2b83846507d75a72813d7a.jpg

So nothing special and it works for me very well.

Try to take the screen a few inches away from you and set another resolution , until you are satisfied. I've had the problem with the speakers and the sound. So now from above the monitors it is really good and I have to correct very little with the main EQ after listening with mic to pink noise....

Bassman.

One more question on this: I get that Cakewalk and some other programs don't scale properly at any other percentages than 100% 200% 300% etc. but I'm wondering this: If I open a windows menu from Cakewalk, like "import audio" or "save as" etc. they look fuzzy as well.., shouldn't they just look like all windows programs? This isn't part of Cakewalk's graphics is it? 

Thanks

Jono

On 12/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

What @Colin Nicholls said. This is a known issue and we have plans of gradually addressing it. Its not impossible but its a significant amount of work for the UI to fully handle DPI scaling in the app. Today we let windows do the best it can - hence the somewhat fuzzy images.

Yeah, and we're waiting on the 3D too! I want those instrument icons to come out and smack ma! 😜

Edited by razor7music

On 12/21/2019 at 2:37 PM, Heinz Hupfer said:

Hi😊

Can you give us some pictures? Fuzzi can mean all or nothing. ....

Bassman

I've tried to do a screen shot of this but once I paste it into another program, it looks fine! It's only how it looks through the 4k monitor that is fuzzy. I understand that the graphics inside cakewalk might not be compatible with 4k and scaling but wondering why the windows menus would also have this issue. Very odd.