Avid Control App - not just for Avid !

simon

8 minutes ago, simon said:

works great for cubase - only negative is that it doesn't respect the "hidden" status of tracks

Sounds good. Are you using rtpMIDI on the PC or is that what the PC download is for? I used Android TouchDAW for a while and I think rtpMIDI on the PC for the wireless MIDI link.  Maybe I should rtfm 😁

Edited by ZincT

15 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Sounds good. Are you using rtpMIDI on the PC or is that what the PC download is for? I used Android TouchDAW for a while and I think rtpMIDI on the PC for the wireless MIDI link.  Maybe I should rtfm 😁

that's what the download is for :)

installs a big stack of virtual midi ports - and does it's own magic without installing anything else

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:46 PM, Jim Roseberry said:

Eucon is a hardware controller protocol.

Thus, *any* DAW application that supports Eucon can be controlled with the Avid iPad app.  (Cubase/Nuendo, Samplitude ProX, etc)

There's a Eucon "control surface" plugin for Sonar/CbB.  Once that's installed, Sonar/CbB can be controlled via the Avid iPad app.

You have to install the Eucon software (and the Eucon plugin for Sonar/CbB).

You have to define the features/functions... so it'll take a little time/effort.

Once done, you've got an advanced wireless remote.

Hi Jim.  I got Cakewalk to connect with my Ipad here with EuCon.  It is pulling the track color from the green border around the tracks instead of the actual track color.  Is this happening for you?  Also, has anyone set up any soft keys for this.  I know for Samplitude we had pages and pages of softkeys.  Thanks!

Hi Adam,

I've reloaded my main studio DAW... and don't currently have EuCon installed.

I don't recall having either issue you mention above.

I remember it was a bit tedious (at first) getting everything configured... as EuCon isn't directly supported.

I had no issues setting up transport control, undo/redo, arming tracks for record, and other common things I'd want from a remote.