Free reverb from Arturia

Fleer

1 hour ago, Wibbles said:

It doesn't matter as long as you eat them all up like a good boy.

Agreed. But I already have 3 other reverbs that I actually use.

I will dutifully dload it anyway, because my parents grew up in the Great Depression, when there were no jobs, movies were a nickel, and you couldn't even find a vst plugin to buy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Still wondering. Does it beat or add to Soundtoys Little Plate?

I'm replacing a few verbs with it including Little Plate, depends on the tune really.

I don't like that it phones home though. Doing lots of updates yesterday so I was connected to the internet & it interrupted a session. Great sounding verb though, wish it had a gain out as it's louder than all my others when comparing.

BTW anyone find an option to turn off auto updates?

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I don't like that it phones home though

ouch - that's a bit annoying, I hadn't noticed that. It might not be an auto update though as I don't think arturia normally do that.  You update via the arturia software center normally ?

I already have an account because I scored the Mini-Filter freebie years ago, but I've been clicking on the button to get Plate 140 off and on for hours and nothing has happened. My possession of a license for it is not indicated on the website nor in the Arturia equivalent to BandLab Assistant/Native Access/Waves Central.

I think of it as the "I'm fine, how are you?" response, from Bobby Pickett's "Star Drek." Captain Jerk and Mr. Schlock get in the turbo lift elevator and ask it repeatedly to go to the Transporter Room, to which it replies, repeatedly, "I'm fine, how are you?" until they give up and ask Mr. Snot to beam them down to the surface of the planet directly from the elevator.

So whenever I make a repeated inquiry of a computer and it fails to respond, I imagine it replying "I'm fine, how are you?"

Click here to get your Rev PLATE-140!

Click.

"I'm fine, how are you?"

Synchronize.

"I'm fine, how are you?"

I even tried to use their AssistantAccessCentral thing to install the demo and can't see it in Cakewalk, so they're really in "I'm fine, how are you?" territory.

I'm sure it will show up eventually.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I already have an account because I scored the Mini-Filter freebie years ago, but I've been clicking on the button to get Plate 140 off and on for hours and nothing has happened. My possession of a license for it is not indicated on the website nor in the Arturia equivalent to BandLab Assistant/Native Access/Waves Central.

I'm sure it will show up eventually.

it took a long while for me - you've a few days yet so bear with them. I'd drop them an email too

• Like 1

Got this last week and have used it on a couple of tracks..... This is a top of the line plugin with great aesthetics as is the case with all Arturia plugins and instruments. Has multiple functionalities including drive and advanced parameters which are optional and useful for those who love to tweak their sound a lot and go into details. For beginners, the best aspect is that there are a good number of presets which will have you do A/B for a number of days. I don't see it replace my Waves Abbey Road Plate but whenever I need a lighter CPU load or a different plate sound for one of my instrument tracks, this will be the one to go to, along with Soundtoys Little Plate (Although both of them are plate reverbs, they're very different beasts). But yeah, this is an awesome Xmas gift for sure.....

• Like 1