Mono-a-Mono

Steve Patrick

As I said in a different thread I have finally switched from SPLAT to the Band Lab version in our voice over suite.  I was getting a lot of dropouts so I switched both interface and program to see if it would help.  And...it hasn't really...well, maybe a little.  But now I'm getting used to the slight differences in the DAW.  One thing that's driving me mad is that in the voiceover suite I use a project template that loads by default that has 8 mono tracks.  No problem to do the same with the BL version EXCEPT when I click the record button on any mono track it turns into a stereo track.  I can't seem to record in mono.  I never had a track switch modes simply by placing it in record in SPLAT....is there some other way I should be holding my mouth or flipping a switch I don't know about??  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you want that a track is really mono (recording), then you have to insure 2 things: First the interleave of the track has to be set to mono and secondly the audio input of the track has to be set to only one single input channel of your audio interface (no stereo input).