VSTBuzz: 75% off “Aerkord” by Audiofier

cclarry

I love it.     It's one of the three libraries in their Randomizer series.   Aerkord combines bowed , ethnic winds, and vocals.  Abstrung is strings.  Vesper is "bells and twinkly things."    I bought Aerkord and Vesper after  I got a deal on Abstrung in a sale like this one, and really liked it.

This is a steal at the price.   It's a very powerful instrument that sounds beautiful, and can also come up with some really unusual sounds through its engine.    The Audiofier "Randomizer" series is not about presets so much as hitting the randomizer button a lot and getting some unexpected results, which you can save.  

You shouldn't think of it as a Rompler with a lot of deep instruments.  It's all about the way you mutate and warp the sounds with effects, reversed sounds,  arps and sequencers, etc.  But if you want to keep it simple and just combine two sounds -- a Vocal Ah and a Duduk, say, it can do that too.  That's what I mostly do. 

If you want to get the most out of it you need to watch the Audiofier videos on YouTube.  All the Randomizers essentially work the same.  

The one caution I would make is that it is 22 GB and for some reason it takes a while to load on a regular hard drive.  I have it on an SSD and it's not instant, but it's decent.  Once it's loaded you're good to go. 

Audiofier is an amazing company.  I'm very curious about their new Riffendium.  

Edited by Tiger The Frog

3 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I love it.     It's one of the three libraries in their Randomizer series.   Aerkord combines bowed , ethnic winds, and vocals.  Abstrung is strings.  Vesper is "bells and twinkly things."    I bought Aerkord and Vesper after  I got a deal on Abstrung in a sale like this one, and really liked it.

This is a steal at the price.   It's a very powerful instrument that sounds beautiful, and can also come up with some really unusual sounds through its engine.    The Audiofier "Randomizer" series is not about presets so much as hitting the randomizer button a lot and getting some unexpected results, which you can save.  

You shouldn't think of it as a Rompler with a lot of deep instruments.  It's all about the way you mutate and warp the sounds with effects, reversed sounds,  arps and sequencers, etc.  But if you want to keep it simple and just combine two sounds -- a Vocal Ah and a Duduk, say, it can do that too.  That's what I mostly do. 

If you want to get the most out of it you need to watch the Audiofier videos on YouTube.  All the Randomizers essentially work the same.  

The one caution I would make is that it is 22 GB and for some reason it takes a while to load on a regular hard drive.  I have it on an SSD and it's not instant, but it's decent.  Once it's loaded you're good to go. 

Audiofier is an amazing company.  I'm very curious about their new Riffendium.  

I've read that resaving them in Kontakt will speed them up.   If I keep buying these libraries it takes away money for a big SSD.   I'm a sucker for these.

3 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I usually don’t forget what I’ve bought, but I almost always have regrets for not using some of my recent purchases very much after the initial frantic preset playthrough. Although presets are not what the Randomisers series is all about.

Having just bought Aerkord I now have all three in the Randomisers 1.2 series. The one problem I’ve found is that the randomize button quite often results in the Cakewalk audio engine unexpectedly being shut down. My DAW is quite powerful so that shouldn't be the problem. It probably comes down to me being impatient, not waiting for the previous sound to close the door when leaving.

13 hours ago, Canopus said:

The one problem I’ve found is that the randomize button quite often results in the Cakewalk audio engine unexpectedly being shut down. My DAW is quite powerful so that shouldn't be the problem.

In case anyone else is experiencing a problem with the Cakewalk audio engine being stopped when pressing the RANDOM button in any of the Audifier Randomisers series (Abstrung, Aerkord, or Vesper), I might mention that I managed to solve this problem on my system by increasing the DropoutMsec setting from the default 250 to 1500 in Preferences > Audio > Configuration File.

• Thanks 1

This is a wonderful program and at $15 it's truly a deal!  

It's one of those programs where you just hit the randomize button and you play and play.  And then you hit the randomize button again and play again... and then you realize the whole afternoon has gone by.

2 things to be aware of - you really need to have 16GB RAM  and do not hit the random button again till the current patches are fully loaded.  (The manual warns you about when you should hit the random button.)

I had purchased Abstrung a few months ago when it was on a deal, and now having Aerkord is a wonderful compliment to Abstrung's sounds.   Highly recommended!

Anybody else having issues with Aerkord and/or Abstrung .. Load times particularly?

I did all the batch save, save as and exclusion in Windows AV.

Double click NKI and it goes to spinning cursor for about a minute. Then  it loads its window showing a progess bar for another 30 seconds and finally the U/I for both.

All my other Kontakt instruments load way faster than this, some larger than these.

Any ideas?

40 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Anybody else having issues with Aerkord and/or Abstrung .. Load times particularly?

I did all the batch save, save as and exclusion in Windows AV.

Double click NKI and it goes to spinning cursor for about a minute. Then  it loads its window showing a progess bar for another 30 seconds and finally the U/I for both.

All my other Kontakt instruments load way faster than this, some larger than these.

Any ideas?

I'm going to assume that a single patch with snapshots takes longer.

22 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yes, this is something most people experience with the Randomizers.   I moved all my Audiofier libraries over to my SSD and batch resaved and they all load much more quickly.   

Another thing is that you have to follow the instructions in the manual to get the snapshots to load.