Jump to content
cclarry

NI FREE Reverb for the Holidays

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Robert Caley said:

So I grabbed Picked Acoustic with it. 

great minds think alike ;) so did I

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I have nowhere else to turn for emotional support, I say it here: it's been 25 minutes since I clicked on the link to get the free license and Native Access is still telling me "YOU HAVE NO PRODUCTS TO INSTALL"

The free plug-in junkie's worst nightmare! As if I didn't already know!

My name is Erik and I have no products to install. I guess all I can do is keep coming back.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I only need one good reverb plugin and I should concentrate to learn how to use it best, but I have a couple of (good) reverbs and delays! 😆 So I wonder if it is really worth to download and install this freebe on all my systems? Is it better than usual reverbs, is it other?

I just ask this, because I noticed the last time that I waste so much time installing and upgrading plugins and programs instead of making music! 😠

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marled said:

Actually I only need one good reverb plugin and I should concentrate to learn how to use it best, but I have a couple of (good) reverbs and delays! 😆 So I wonder if it is really worth to download and install this freebe on all my systems? Is it better than usual reverbs, is it other?

I just ask this, because I noticed the last time that I waste so much time installing and upgrading plugins and programs instead of making music! 😠

I haven't found a single reverb plugin that really does it all, so it sounds like you are not a reverb junkie.

That being said, hard to know as you haven't listed what you have.

If you need to add something that is more on the creative end, this might be a good one to add.  

 

The marketing material suggests it can also do more subtle more normal style reverbs as well.  I do agree with your notion that the best tool we have is to really learn how to use a particular reverb, it isn't an easy effect to really master, IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Since I have nowhere else to turn for emotional support, I say it here: it's been 25 minutes since I clicked on the link to get the free license and Native Access is still telling me "YOU HAVE NO PRODUCTS TO INSTALL"

The free plug-in junkie's worst nightmare! As if I didn't already know!

My name is Erik and I have no products to install. I guess all I can do is keep coming back.

Howdy, Eric.  I waited for almost 90 minutes, and I just checked and it showed up in Native Access, so go twitch in a corner for a bit, like I did - and it WILL show up.  I am sure it is because their site is getting hammered for this and other holiday stuff.

Bob Bone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have waited for over 25 minutes but it hasn't shown up for me either .   The E- Voucher works but the RAUM  I believe, has RUN away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Just saw your reply - I am hoping to get patience for Xmas, but would like it now.  hee hee

The last time I asked for patience, I got a hospital full of them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Zo said:

Vaucher are great for play series and extension...

that picked acoustic is LOADS of fun -  I'm a guitar player so I have no excuse....but it sounds much much better than me (strictly speaking isn't that hard)

highly recommend

 

Edited by simon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marled said:

I noticed the last time that I waste so much time installing and upgrading plugins and programs instead of making music!

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. Welcome, and keep coming back!🤣(except in this case, "coming back" will only make it worse)

I decided in my first year or so of learning how to mix in the box that the best way for me was to decide on a "best of breed" or "go-to" for each major type of processor and focus on it. It's hard for newbies to "get" that because plug-in makers publish quotes from their celebrity endorsers making it seem like they must be deciding on a different compressor, EQ, and reverb for every track. Of course they make it seem that way so they can keep us excited about buying more flavors of processors we already know we have enough of.

Reverb was the first one I decided to go through and audition every one I had downloaded and just pick the best-sounding one. It was Orilriver, a freeware one, followed by TrueVerb, an oldie that Waves gives away every Arbor Day, Flag Day, Presidents' Day, Easter....

Then once I decided on my first round of "go-to's," I built up a quiver of "special occasion" ones and sometimes change favorites as my tastes and skills evolve. There are also handy utilities such as MAutoalign that goes on every drum project because I have it and it makes the tracks sound better.

But give me copies of MCompressor, MEQualizer, and Orilriver (freeware reverb) and the "house" delay and chorus of whatever DAW I'm in and I'm okay to mix.

For free, any of my "best of breeds" are at risk of losing their jobs. The Meldas are at the least risk. If RAUM can dust off Orilriver or TrueVerb, we listen more closely.

I do all my reverbing via sends, so if RAUM performs well in that role, I'll like it. Not all reverbs do. I think it may be a demanding task, more complex signals, but I don't know. They can start to sound muddy and cluttered no matter how I pre-process or what algorithm I choose. De gusti(reverb)bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My #1 go-to reverb for ambient, spacey, sounds is Eventide Black Hole.

Based on the demo video, RAUM may become my #2. :D

Still waiting (hours) for it to be added to my account...

I have other, conventional reverbs, but I love how this type can creatively transform simple sounds into lush soundscape pads...

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abacab said:

My #1 go-to reverb for ambient, spacey, sounds is Eventide Black Hole.

Based on the demo video, RAUM may become my #2. :D

Still waiting (hours) for it to be added to my account...

I have other, conventional reverbs, but I love how this type can creatively transform simple sounds into lush soundscape pads...

There can be only one. You know which juan. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abacab said:

My #1 go-to reverb for ambient, spacey, sounds is Eventide Black Hole.

Yup, Black Hole is really a superb reverb for ambient sounds..... When used on a spacey lead guitar, it takes things to an exotic new level

Edited by Ashay Arekar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...