Reggae Blues Shuffle In D

DeBro

Derek,
On first listen, I wanted to slow the track down a bit. Kind of feel like the track is pushing your phrasing a little too much.
By that I mean you've got a nice "touch", but no time to dwell on the final note and "milk" it a little; there's your blues, that vibrato.
But, you could slow yourself down and take that moment to make those "money" notes sing.
This is not criticism, I just want to hear you really deliver, its in there, you've got the "touch".
My one crit however, would be the organ leads are not strong enough; I know you want to break it up, but you got to deliver there too.
Overall I'm liking it.

Tom

Love the drum opening and the winsome phrasing. With the chosen instruments it almost makes me think of Stuart Copeland' solo stuff. You got chops on the guitar. It might have been interesting to hear the drums change up at some point? If you leave it the way it is now it'll keep a kewl Donkey Kong side scrolling video game feel to it. Listening to your next song and that one feels video gamey as well. (Stewart Copeland did a Spryro game I think).

Fun exploration!