Jump to content
  • 0
yeto

Is there any particular reason why I can't name this clip?

Question

Is there any particular reason why I can't name this clip? The option is not visible.

Kind regards,
yeto

pic1.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

I "think" I figured it out thanks to all of your comments. Sometimes I have to left click on the clip first and then right click and then the "Rename Clip" box/option will show. I am going to mark this thread as solved for now.

Thank you to all who replied. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The "Rename Clip" option is missing in the clip I renamed xxxxxxx using clip properties in the inspector. Is there any particular reason why it would be missing?

pic2.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Locked data?

Are you sure. I didn't click lock data and the padlock is not showing. I can rename in the inspector but not the right click dropdown.

Edited by yeto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Stone Strom said:

Do you have the track selected? 

you'd expect that just right-clicking the clip would be enough - but also having to select the track first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

you'd expect that just right-clicking the clip would be enough - but also having to select the track first?

Well I had it happen to me ones. But that was with old sonar so who know, I just threw it out there. :)

Edited by Stone Strom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Stone Strom said:

Well I had it happen to me ones. But that was with old sonar so who know, I just threw it out there. :)

sure, and a good suggestion... there've been issues with "selected" vs "focused" since the x-gui, not sure it ever got properly clarified which/which...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi, I'd like to say I'm also having this issue! I remember it was recently fixed, but now I can't rename clips from the context menu, unless the playback is on.

Also if clips have a clip automation 'Rename' option won't be available from the context menu!

I wonder if this should be posted on the Feedback Loop forum?

Best regards,

EDIT: 

Actually, if clips have a clip automation 'Rename' option will have no effect from the context menu.

Edited by mgustavo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, mgustavo said:

Hi, I'd like to say I'm also having this issue! I remember it was recently fixed, but now I can't rename clips from the context menu, unless the playback is on.

Also if clips have a clip automation 'Rename' option won't be available from the context menu!

I wonder if this should be post on the Feedback Loop forum?

Best regards,

@Jesse Jost has suggested (above) that it could be a bug, so they're probably aware of it already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I couldn't tell from the screencap if it was part of a group, but if it's part of a group, and the group is selected, you won't get the Rename command in the context menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I couldn't tell from the screencap if it was part of a group, but if it's part of a group, and the group is selected, you won't get the Rename command in the context menu.

Not part of a group but this is good to know for future reference. Thank you for taking time to reply.

I appreciate your help,
yeto

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Stone Strom said:

Oh, lol 

Name a clip....

 

NameClip.jpg

As my mom would say...if it had been a snake it would have bit me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...