Locking the midi I/O

reza sadeghi

For some unknown issue after I upgraded my windows to 10, some of my usbs disconnect and reconnect randomly by themselves during working on my projects  or sometimes even don't recognize by windows during boot up that cause on my Sonar to change all my midi inputs and outputs to its order which some times takes a lot of time to re rout them.

Is there any possibility that stop this behavior and force sonar to keep the setting as it was, even if the specific midi controller doesn't exist?

Thanks

When I updated to the  Win10 1909 release, Windows stopped loading the driver for my MOTU MIDI Express XT on boot. I tried everything I could think of to resolve it short of wiping my PC and rebuilding from scratch - not worth it. I just have to power up the interface after boot now.

Unfortunately, there's no way to avoid having Cakewalk re-assign MIDI  track I/O to other available devices or virtual ports. The trick is to realize it right away, and avoid saving the project with incorrect I/O assignments.

If you have to save because you made additional changes to the project, save it with a new file name suffix so you at least have a version with the  correct assignments for reference. If you do this as a matter of course when saving, you'll always have a 'good' version to go back to.

And, finally, if a MIDI device is going missing in the middle of a project, I would suspect a bad/loose USB cable or internal card connection/seating if the ports aren't coming directly off the mobo. That could also explain an intermittent failure to detect it on boot if your problem with Win10 isn't that same as mine (100% repeatable). Not all PC problems are attributable to software, and coincidental hardware failures do happen.