Rain is Coming Down

noynekker

14 hours ago, Grebz said:

Utmost respect for this piece. Everything sounds top notch on my speakers and headset (as well as my ears). Congrats!

Thank you Grebz . . . I'm grateful for your comment, and it's very reassuring to hear the mix translates well onto other systems.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Awesome...   I really liked that.  The performance and arrangement were well done and the mix has a nice pro polish.   As others said the standout for me was your voice, you seem to naturally have great pitch, tone and projection.   Almost George Michael-ish.   😊

Sounds really good here - and I'm so pleased to be able to listen to this, as for the past two weeks we've had hardly any internet here in Cape Town due to the two cable breakages which link us to the rest of the world!!!! Perhaps they have fixed one of them

Songwriting, sound, performance, mix all great

Great track

Nigel

Hey thank you everyone for having a listen, and posting some more such positive comments !   I always treasure comments from fellow musicians. Originally, I threw this out as a question about how the mix sounds ?  With all the comments here, I learned to leave it alone . . . maybe even use it as a reference track, since many of my other recordings are questionable. (More of a songwriter than an audio engineer)

Also, I have to mention my songwriting partner on this project, my good friend Daniel. Maybe many of you have had that experience playing music with someone where it just flows so easily, and the results don't have to be mangled by technology too much. Just wanted to give Daniel some credit for helping make this even possible.