Helling

kakku

Hi. This time I present to you another pop light rock tune. I hope you like it and I welcome comments and perhaps even crits. I tried my best with the mix too and I used tonebooster's morph eq thingy with the cans

Edited by kakku
  • Like 1

Hi, Kakku,

This is a cool, high energy electro-rock instrumental with lots of cool synth work and a very nice clean, punchy mix!👍😀

I really like the nice selection of synth sounds that you used for the different melody lines, and the mix is well textured and modern sounding.

The only very minor observation that stuck out a little to me, was that in a few sections the drums seemed to get a bit louder and overwhelm the other instruments, which is of course just a matter of personal taste, and the song really rocks just the way it is!

Anyway, it's great to hear another excellent track from you.  The mix sounds really good, and the Morphit plugin sure seems to have worked well for you.

Good stuff, my friend!😀

Best Wishes,
Bob

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Kakku,

This is a cool, high energy electro-rock instrumental with lots of cool synth work and a very nice clean, punchy mix!👍😀

I really like the nice selection of synth sounds that you used for the different melody lines, and the mix is well textured and modern sounding.

The only very minor observation that stuck out a little to me, was that in a few sections the drums seemed to get a bit louder and overwhelm the other instruments, which is of course just a matter of personal taste, and the song really rocks just the way it is!

Anyway, it's great to hear another excellent track from you.  The mix sounds really good, and the Morphit plugin sure seems to have worked well for you.

Good stuff, my friend!😀

Best Wishes,
Bob

Thanks a lot for commenting and tips. For some reason when I used different drum styles the volume changed too. I forgot to try  compressor on the drums

20 minutes ago, Lynn said:

kakku, this is a stellar backing track for a song that begs for a vocal!  This is a terrific mix, one of your best, and with a vocal, the drums might fit right in.  You are one of the most prolific songwriters around, and I hope you keep it up.  It's paying off.

Thanks a lot Lynn, nice to hear from you. Vocals, yes, would be nice to have access to someone who would sing my tunes. Keeping up is something I have problems with as I experience 'reduced thirst for song writing'.

25 minutes ago, amiller said:

Very good song.  As mentioned, the drums need some attention.  Them to be in a different space from the rest of the song.

Thanks for comment. I may fix the drums now that I got my comp running again

Edited by kakku

I like it, nice pop melody, heavy guitar comes in for a section, nice job.

Is there a common verb being used between the drums and other instruments? (The drums seem to be in a different space)

I think getting them all in the same space would really tie this track together for the listener.

Keep em' commin'

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, congalocke said:

I like it, nice pop melody, heavy guitar comes in for a section, nice job.

Is there a common verb being used between the drums and other instruments? (The drums seem to be in a different space)

I think getting them all in the same space would really tie this track together for the listener.

Keep em' commin'

Thanks for comment and tip. Drums and bass indeed in different verbs. I might change that

• Like 1

• 1 month later...