Young Lady's Illustrated Primer to Theming Cakewalk

Colin Nicholls

On 12/17/2019 at 9:39 PM, User 905133 said:

Much progress in this version--nice!!!!  I was working on some of the ones now in your newest pdf.  I should probably wait until you are done; would save me some time!  THANKS!

Not sure if the TBDs here (see images below) are ones you looked at or will be looking at, but this is something I explored last week as part of my aging eyesight tweaks. 

image.png.89d5c4b498e4d59a2ee796d853d99399.png   image.png.fc1988d5850eb9df258515804237923d.png

Disclaimer: I am not an artist, graphics designer, theme designer, etc. Just doin' tweaks for my eyes!

Footnote: I just discovered that the Track Control  [Widget] Icon images show up in the Insert Instrument Wizard--at least on my system.  No guarantee that the devs won't change this, but at least for the moment its there.  Here is a screen shot showing the wizard with a couple of the "Control Icons" using my "Scrabble for Juniors" style tiles. 

image.png.f1a0866d42a901793c39772df4a275b2.png

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. So they just become a darker shade  of the scroll bar background. When using a dark background they basically turn black-ish.

Make the scroll bar background black and the arrows disappear.

Be nice if they could be editable or color match the "thumb" instead.

Edited by sjoens

3 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Thanks. So they just become a darker shade  of  the scroll bar background. Wish they could have their own color.

Might be an image; not sure; I haven't looked.  I have changed a few images in the Control Bar (Modules) with MSPaint.  Perhaps one of the Theme Editing Experts know if the little triangle can have its color changed by editing an image.  I wouldn't know where to begin to look for the correct triangle to try testing.

Scroll bar items are under Theme | Global | Scroll bars . Only available are Scroll Bar Background (color), Scroll Bar Thumb (color), Zoom In (image), and Zoom Out (image). 

Only other way to access the arrows would be with Duckbar EXE Color utility which doesn't work with CbB.

Edited by sjoens

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

Thanks. So they just become a darker shade  of the scroll bar background. When using a dark background they basically turn black-ish.

Interesting... I did not notice that. I assumed that the "Thumb" color was also drawing the arrows. I will update my document with this information.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

It also appears the scroll bar edits only affect TV and Multidock.  Browsers and all other windows are unaffected. 

Yes, I also noticed the inconsistent use of "Scroll Bar Background" and "Scroll Bar Thumb" when creating my themes. It’s most noticeable in the Browser and Synth Rack as they are part of the default workspace, and of course it looks very odd when trying to create a dark theme. I was about to report it back then, but then I thought it would never be fixed anyway. But perhaps I’m just being too negative. @Ben Staton, pleeeeez?

3vCNwtP.jpg

Edited by Canopus

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Did I miss the deadline yesterday?

Uh... there wasn't a deadline :-). Your post about the Transport Background was the trigger for me to update the doc earlier today, so yeah, it's included. I didn't use your images, though, I generated some new ones. Oh, and I see a spelling mistake. Oh well.

47 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Uh... there wasn't a deadline :-). Your post about the Transport Background was the trigger for me to update the doc earlier today, so yeah, it's included. I didn't use your images, though, I generated some new ones. Oh, and I see a spelling mistake. Oh well.

Glad it provided the trigger. The guide is coming along nicely!  BTW, the link only gave me 0.9.4 earlier today--twice; but it gave me 0.9.5 a few minutes ago.  🙂

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

BTW, the link only gave me 0.9.4 earlier today--twice; but it gave me 0.9.5 a few minutes ago.  🙂

The same thing happened to me just now - I guess my browser cached it - pressing F5/Refresh manually in the browser brought up the latest version 0.9.5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Should I wait for you to figure out changes such as the following, or would it help to post them here? send PM?

old:  image.png.9c7a63a2387e8a0f8640104ee3c3bf97.png     new: image.png.8cd4f3780cc5879836db06b26c0d836c.png

Never mind. No help is needed since as scook pointed out the changes have been posted.

Edited by User 905133

25 minutes ago, scook said:

Actually the old image is wrong. It shows a hybrid of the pre 2020.04 and current tabs. There is no Square-A tab in the old theme.

Clarification: The image is a new image; it is not a composite image of an old screenshot and a new screenshot.  It is what happens if someone switches to an old theme that has not been updated yet.

Edited by User 905133
to reflect the benefit of updated information