How do i get a note to sustain and not decay?

yeto

Question

I am using the CbB built in instrument Electric Piano (Wurly) and I would like a single organ note to sustain for a few measures and not decay or fade out. Is this possible?

Thank you,
yeto

Edited by yeto

6 answers to this question

I have used melodyne to lengthen the sustain length of a note. You have to make sure the clip it is in is long enough to lengthen the note as far as you want. Just drag the right end of the blob in melodyne. The results can be good or can be not so good depending on the sound of the note and how it reacts to being lengthened. 

5 hours ago, scook said:

The samples do not play all that long. You could try adding a compressor, automate the plug-in master volume, use volume automation on instrument or audio track or a combination of all three to create a more constant volume over time.

Could this be the problem? Even though I have the Wurly sound sample selected that does not turn the piano into an organ. Is my mistake that I am trying to make a piano sound like an organ?

1 hour ago, scook said:

The setting is intended to sound like a Wurlitzer electric piano.

I downloaded a VST Organ instrument and it is holding the notes.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and you can have a piano but you can't make it behave like an organ. I just needed an organ instead of a piano.

Lesson learned,
yeto

• Like 1