I survived Black Friday

Michael A.D.

Yes, somehow I survived the Black Friday sales.

I only spent $74 the last two weeks and $59 was for the introductory offer for the new Joshua Bell Essential violin, so that really shouldn't even count as a Black Friday sale.

Yes, I admit I drooled at lots of offers and though the GAS was strong, I resisted almost all the temptations and only purchased a $15 program called ReMidi.

But the battle isn't over and now I have to resist the XMAS/NEW YEAR deals... and I am very worried that Sonokinetic is going to do a sale on Largo and I won't be able to say no.

And who knows what other deals will appear out of nowhere and grab me?

Yes, it's a very dangerous time of year.  

Happy holidays everyone!

I think you'll be happy with the JB violin. The main issue I had with using it was getting my latency down pretty low. I worked around that by using a lighter violin vst for recording and swapping it out later with JB.

One thing that keeps me in line is, there's always another sale right around the corner...............and my C drive is full. I have a new drive and hope to get it swapped by the new year.

I cannot decide if sanity finally set in or if I just had already bought everything that looked appealing at sales through the year, but I spent nothing this silly-season. Most of what I considered exciting pricing was for non-music related hardware, and I already have more computers than I need, and still happily use a flip-phone. I did spend waaay too much on music software this year, but on a variety of sales, upgrades and crossgrades at prices that did not make me regret not waiting until what has now become the Black Friday month.  By the time Thanksgiving came around I was still struggling to figure out how to use the stuff I had already bought, and dealing with the crushing sense of obligation and guilt that situation entails probably acted as a brake on my greed.