Presonus VU Meter FREE

cclarry

4 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Does anybody know where the vst3 is installed? Can't find it, only a Presonus VST3 Shell which does nothing and is not recognized by CbB.

Bassman.

This is the correct location for the PreSonus VST3 plugins: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3".

The individual VST3 plugins do not appear in that folder, but they scan into CbB just fine. I have them working here in CbB, where my PreSonus tab under AudioFX lists: Ampire, Fat Channel, Pedalboard, and VU Meter. (Ampire, Fat Channel, and Pedalboard came with Studio One Pro 4.6).

I used the PreSonus Hub to install the plugins.

Edited by abacab

12 minutes ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

@abacab

Installed with the Presonus Hub.

At start CbB checks it, but it's not visible in the plugin manager. No Luck:) 

Not even in the excluded plugs.....

Bassman.

Do you have another host you can try? You list Studio One and Cubase in your signature.

If the plugin doesn't show up in another host, that would imply that the plugin is not installed correctly on the PC. In that case I would try reinstalling it. If it works in other hosts, then suggest contacting support@bandlab.com for assistance with the CbB plugin scanner.

It's scanned OK here and working in CbB, and I am running the latest version of Cakewalk, 2019.11, build 63.

Bear in mind that there is no VST2 version. When I open Cakewalk Plugin Manager and select "VST3 Audio Effects", I can see "VU Meter" listed under registered plugins. When I select that item and look under filenames it shows "c:\program files\common files\VST3\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3".

36 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Does one really need this?  IK has one, I got the Bx one, Waves gave one away, and the small developer who always has sales has a nice one.  I can only see this for aesthetic reasons.

No, there are plenty of other options available. I didn't use the hub initially, so they showed up no where, but rather than waste time on another freebie I will never use, I moved on (didn't do the hub install).

Many freebies these days turn out to be a ruse to get you to register an account so companies can spam you with advertisements. Many of them if you never knew they existed, you would also probably never miss.

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Do you have another host you can try? You list Studio One and Cubase in your signature.

If the plugin doesn't show up in another host, that would imply that the plugin is not installed correctly on the PC. In that case I would try reinstalling it. If it works in other hosts, then suggest contacting support@bandlab.com for assistance with the CbB plugin scanner.

It's scanned OK here and working in CbB, and I am running the latest version of Cakewalk, 2019.11, build 63.

Bear in mind that there is no VST2 version. When I open Cakewalk Plugin Manager and select "VST3 Audio Effects", I can see "VU Meter" listed under registered plugins. When I select that item and look under filenames it shows "c:\program files\common files\VST3\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3".

I still have the same issue.  Also tried Bitwig, could not see them either.

At this point it's not worth the effort.  Ampire is really nice for an included plugin, but I don't need it.  And I usually don't get far enough in projects these days that I need to worry about which compressors are best.

10 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

@abacab

We come closer 😃

No Content Folder here! I'll take a deeper look tomorrow, but don't know if it's worth, as I can read in this posts there are better ones.....

Thanks😊

Bassman.

You probably don't need it. I was just trying to offer some helpful tips.

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I still have the same issue.  Also tried Bitwig, could not see them either.

At this point it's not worth the effort.  Ampire is really nice for an included plugin, but I don't need it.  And I usually don't get far enough in projects these days that I need to worry about which compressors are best.

You probably don't need it, as many other options exist for metering. I wouldn't waste any time on that for a free plugin!

Anyhow, I jumped on the Studio One Pro crossgrade deal back when Gibson bailed on Cakewalk.

PreSonus has some cool plugins and instruments that are locked to Studio One. I am glad to see them finally offering some plugins in VST format, as I have been reluctant to learn their proprietary plugins that are locked to Studio One.  I hope that PreSonus continues this trend with their instruments!

I have CbB, Studio One Pro, and Ableton Live, and I only want to use plugins and instruments that are portable to any DAW that I wish to work with. The exception to that is that Ableton has some cool creative tools that I may make an exception for!

Best regards!

5 hours ago, abacab said:

You probably don't need it. I was just trying to offer some helpful tips.

Cheers!

👍

I've reinstalled it with Admin rights, but not seen in Cubase, not seen in CbB, seen in Studio One!

Let's forget this, I can work in Studio One with it, if I need this.....

Greetz,

Bassman.