TTS 1 output issues

Carol

I am using Bandlab.  I have Windows 10.  I use a Scarlett Solo as an external sound card.  When I insert the TTS Soft Sync track, I copy my pre-exisisting midi track to the new track.  But the sound I get when I hit the Sample button on the track never sounds like the result I get after I put the notes in.  For instance, the piano sounds muted and when I increase the velocity, they sound like someone is pounding on the piano.  It is difficult to hear.  And it sounds canned.  How can I get my track to sound like the sample?  Thank you,

I'm pretty sure the instrument auditions are generated in real time from internal MIDI sequences as opposed to being recorded audio samples. For fun, I once transcribed the sequence used for the fretless bass audition, and it sounded  pretty much identical.

Imported tracks may contain controller messages that alter the sound of the assigned instrument. So you'll want to start by checking that.

If you can share the MIDI somewhere, it would help to understand  the difference you're hearing.

Edited by David Baay

I was thinking about it.  When I type in the notes, anew, on the TTS 1 track, it sounds correct.  I am wondering if I am copying effects or other things when I move the notes from my midi track to the new TTS 1 track.  I wonder if I should be copy/pasting in a way that doesn't move the effects along with.

Go to Views > Event List, pick the imported MIDI track, and look for orange controller messages, especially SysxData. Patch Change and Modulation events. You can delete them, or copy only notes to another track, using Select > By Filter. But it will be a good idea to look up any controllers you find first to understand what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is what I need, David.  If I go to Edit > Select > by filter and check the "notes" box, only the notes will show.  Then I can drag and drop or copy and paste and only the notes will be copied, is that right?