Arturia Pigments 2

cclarry

24 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Free to existing to Pigment Owners!

Good news! Thanks TS and Arturia 👍🏻 

Their site is so slow at the moment I cannot even sync my licenses. Will try again later.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

They updated all the synths.  It took me an hour to install them since it runs the manual installer for each and every one of the zillion synths included in collection.  That was so much wasted time and effort.

Don't have Pigments though, so this is kind of interesting.  Do I need another synth?  Or more importantly do I need this synth?

• Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

They updated all the synths.  It took me an hour to install them since it runs the manual installer for each and every one of the zillion synths included in collection.  That was so much wasted time and effort.

Don't have Pigments though, so this is kind of interesting.  Do I need another synth?  Or more importantly do I need this synth?

Sorry forgot to mention V Coll update. I also wish they would make V Coll 6 a single installer. Maybe if we email them about it they might make it happen.
To be honest I got Pigments 1 on a whim on intro pricing and haven't used it much but the addition of granular functionality might persuade me.

There server seems to be having issues at the moment. The update has failed a couple times.

Pigments is quite different to the V-Collection synths, its not an emulation of a "classic" synth and has a very modern type sound. It is a very good companion to the V Collection.  Massive X is probably the main rival, I prefer Pigments 1 to Massive X and I am interested to see what this update brings to the table.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

There server seems to be having issues at the moment. The update has failed a couple times.

Pigments is quite different to the V-Collection synths, its not an emulation of a "classic" synth and has a very modern type sound. It is a very good companion to the V Collection.  Massive X is probably the main rival, I prefer Pigments 1 to Massive X and I am interested to see what this update brings to the table.

It brings Waves to the table.

39 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Well I finally got logged in and it offered me a crossgrade to Pigments 2 for $49.  So I guess it turns out I do need this synth.  🙂

Sadly that's as far as I was able to get, that cart/login/checkout sequence doesn't seem to be possible with the current website's load/whatever.

Mat 49 from VC 7 ?

4 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I have VC7 so it was $49 crossgrade from that.  I got the Paypal to finally go through but getting their software center to sync has proven impossible.  I think I may have finally got it to authorize (after a number of failed attempts).  I can't remember an online portal/installer behaving this poorly.

Same here for the demo ...servers in France are fuked up i think , NI dowloading here same , onehour for 2.4gb !!!  something going on... must be due to civil war here lol

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I have VC7 so it was $49 crossgrade from that.  I got the Paypal to finally go through but getting their software center to sync has proven impossible.  I think I may have finally got it to authorize (after a number of failed attempts).  I can't remember an online portal/installer behaving this poorly.

this happened when vc7 was released - they've skimped a bit on bandwidth - I eventually got it to go through though, just keep trying.  The actual download was quite quick.

edit - I'm in the UK,  @Zo you think you've got problems 😭

Edited by simon
  • Haha 1

Well this pulls me even further into the Arturia dimension!
Pigments 2 is really a fun synth and it looks very deep as far as what you can do with the various synth engines.
I like the "light bulb" tip that gives you some info on the person who worked on the preset.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey