Imported wav, melodyne sync

steve trusty

I imported a live version of my song. I had melodyne find the tempo.. I then synced melodyne with host tempo..  I have 1 midi track (AD2) and the rest audio. I tracked bass, guitars and  a midi drum track. 

The song ranges from 190-214 bpm. 

The tempo map moves correctly with vs, chs, etc. 

I’m trying to slow a rushed transition from chorus to verse, a small section is too fast, basically it doesn’t slow down fast enough. If i mess with the tempo of midi anywhere within the song the audio obviously doesn’t follow tempo changes . I can cut all tracks audio/midi and make room for the slower tempo. But doing so throws all midi out of sync from there forward?

Hope this makes sense, I can’t exactly delete the bass/guitar tracks and track again.. 

You can cut the pieces of audio ware you want the tempo changed and there is a option to speed up slow the tempo, by hitting the CTL/Shift keys  (I think its CTL/Shift or maybe its ATL/Shift) and right clicking the right bottom corner and stretching it or making the clip smaller will change the tempo.

IIRC ,i think that show you do it

Edited by CJ Jacobson

- Ctrl+A to select the whole project.

- Alt+A to open the Audiosnap palette.

- Click the Enable/Power button.

- Select 'Auto stretch' in the dropdown to the right of Clip Follows Project.

- Click Clip Follows Project button.

- Manually tweak tempos in the Tempos view  by clicking above or below existing tempos (not possible to drag) in the map or editing numeric tempos in the list pane.

- MIDI and audio will both follow the changes and remain in sync with each other.

- When you're satisfied with the timing, save a copy of the project as 'Live Stretching' version.

- Bounce to Clips each audio clip independently using an appropriate 'Offline' stretching algorithm to render the stretching permanent.

- Save that as a 'Rendered Stretching' version so you can easily revert to the original, unstretched version, or to the live stretching version for more tweaks if needed.

Edited by David Baay