Latest Win 10 Pro Update Nukes Region Effects?

scottcmusic

Windows 10 just updates pretty much whenever it wants to I take it. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that overrides that ... Anyway, After this latest update, I loaded Melodyne, which had been working, as a region clip and many of the normal tools were missing. Then I received a fatal error prompt and CbB crashed. I opened it up again and tried V-Vocal. Same thing. It must be to do with the Region Effects feature. Anybody else? This all seems to have occurred after the new Win 10 update. Everything had been working so smoothly prior to that.

Works fine here with a fully patched Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.535

Are you using the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab? (Which is 2019.11 Build 63) < note: This is the early release hot fix for 2019.11)

Are you using the latest version of Melodyne (which is 4.2.4.001)

Yes. I had just installed it in order to use Melodyne. Melodyne was not working in Sonar X3 and their tech team prevailed upon me to finally install CbB. So, it's a month old install. Also, yes to your question about Melodyne Assistant. It's all brand new. Just upgraded to Assistant for $49. They had a special. This all just happened. Everything was working smoothly. I shut down windows and noticed that instead of just "Shut Down", it said "Update and Shutdown" ... I had no choice but to update Win 10 Pro. A couple days later is when I noticed that Region Effects are now crashing my system.

Celemony's tech team is telling me to uninstall Melodyne, download again and reinstall. I guess that's as good of a place to start as anywhere. 

Edited by scottcmusic

50 minutes ago, scottcmusic said:

I shut down windows and noticed that instead of just "Shut Down", it said "Update and Shutdown" ...

Celemony's tech team is telling me to uninstall Melodyne, download again and reinstall. I guess that's as good of a place to start as anywhere. 

I would have suggested that too. 

If you have not already, you might want to do the same to CbB (Uninstall and reinstall) - after all, this is also affecting V-Vocal.

Also, as there were some Windows updates, I am wondering if it tampered with your drivers for your audio interface or audio device.

You might want to uninstall the drivers for your audio interface or audio device.  Head to the manufacturers website and download the latest version and reinstall them - even if you believe you have the latest version.

Personally, I have configured my windows 10 updates to leave hardware drivers alone.  MS can, from time to time, install a generic version of hardware drivers.  I always check and update these manually.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Promidi said:

Personally, I have configured my windows 10 updates to leave hardware drivers alone.  MS can, from time to time, install a generic version of hardware drivers.  I always check and update these manually.

Where did you configure this preference to leave you hardware drivers alone?