Humble Bundle - Filmmakers ( inc Hitfilm Pro 14.1 )

aidan o driscoll

FWIW, From my experience using video editing software (Adobe, Vegas, Davinci Resolve, etc), it's good to have several options.

I've run into "road blocks" with each... and having an alternative was the only way to get work finished.

ie:  I've run into issues with Davinci Resolve where the timeline was fine for basic cuts/edits.  As the session grew a bit more complex, the timeline got scrambled.  Many hours of work... effectively gone.  Davinci Resolve (feature wise) is nothing short of amazing.  

If you have a new iPhone (new video and photo formats), your existing editor might not (yet) be compatible.  Ran into this a couple weeks back.

If you have higher-end video tools, Hit-Film is likely not going to replace them. 

ie: The Chroma Keying is basic.  It works... but nowhere close to Primatte Studio or Davinci Resolve.  You've got to have excellent/even lighting on the green-screen.

Hit-Film combines a pretty decent video editor... with After Effects like effects/compositing.

At $30, if you work with video at all, it's worth having in the tool-box.

If you use it once, it'll have paid for itself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Would you say getting the free version of DaVinci Resolve and buying this bundle would give you the rough equivalent of the paid version of DaVinci Resolve since these plugins show up in DR? Would there still be a good reason to ever buy the paid version of DR if one got this bundle? 

The full version of Resolve comes with advanced video noise-reduction.

I've not seen an OMF plugin that does the same thing.

The free Davinci Resolve with Ignite Pro is a formidable video editing solution.

Throw in Hit-Film Pro as a secondary option... and you'd be pretty well covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can understand how some people may feel they don't need this, but I use Vegas Pro and a lot of plugins from companies like NewBlue and Boris.  I love the free plugins I got with the free Ignite Express, and I'm very familiar with what comes extra with Ignite Pro.  This is an amazing gift.  I never thought I would have this stuff unless it came in a Vegas upgrade.    I don't think I will use Hitfilm Pro.  That's like getting another DAW.  I've got a lot of time invested in my Vegas Pro workflow.

I haven't downloaded Action Pro yet, but I look forward to exploring it. 

I've checked out a lot of the stock footage from Action VFX, and it's pretty good. Some are more hi-def than others.  I won't be using the gun stuff, but there are some things I may find some use for, like the smoke and fog, which could be nice with animated titles.    None of these are full packages, they are just tasters for much larger packages.    If you look on the ActionVFX site, there are tutorials on how to use them, as well as a lot of freebies.   This kind of stuff does not come cheap. 

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

All this and noboy pointed this to me knowing i make  videos on youtube lol 

Ok i'm offically lost to much stuff , so what do we get basically ? an editing software and add ons ?

From my earlier post

This is really a smokin' deal...

Hit Film Pro + Ignite Bundle = $466
Action Pro = $99
Filmstro Pro = $299
Flat Lower Third Add on = $29
SmartRekt = $19.99
Controlit = $9.97
SmartL3RD = $29.99
Modular Lower Third - $29.99
not to mention all the content you get...

for $30???

Just now, cclarry said:

From my earlier post

This is really a smokin' deal...

Hit Film Pro + Ignite Bundle = $466
Action Pro = $99
Filmstro Pro = $299
Flat Lower Third Add on = $29
SmartRekt = $19.99
Controlit = $9.97
SmartL3RD = $29.99
Modular Lower Third - $29.99
not to mention all the content you get...

for $30???

Yep Larry i've read that but that says nothingt to me , watching the guy video as i type , the edition program seems deep///

• Like 1

I played with the ukramedia scripts today (yes I have a Adobe Creative Cloud subscription).  They aren't bad, but I wouldn't call them world class and awesome.  Useful if you need something like that, but kind of plain.  There are a lot of lower third and titling packages at much, much higher prices that are technically better.  I don't think anyone that gets this bundle and doesn't have After Effects is really missing much.  It's a nice bonus but nothing to write home about.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 6:39 AM, Phoen1xPJ said:

Had problems with HitFilm Pro install... missing opencl.dll. :(

Hitfilm can be fussy about what graphics card you use with it, it wouldn't work at all with my old intel internal graphics. It does however work very well with the right card and utilizes the card a lot. You might want to check your card meets the specs on their site. I don't have any problems with my 6gb Nvidia 1060 GTX.

I installed it all today. Was planning to buy windows 10, reformat etc as I am on 7. Not necessary, I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 for free with the Microsoft migration tool which still works. It was quite painless, didn't even bother to update BIOS and firmware on my motherboard, had to reinstall the audio drivers for the UR44 and graphics but that was about it, everything seems to be fine. I will download the stock footage and the LUTs next, be good to see what they are like.

Will chuck some footage into Hitfilm tomorrow, test it out. One thing I did notice, I wasn't able to close Action Pro, the little cross on top right wasn't there. That's an animation package that also comes with the bundle, don't think I will use it though.

Now I am on 10, might also get the Davinci Resolve NLE see what that's like. from what people are saying seems like it might be ok with ignite as well.

I'm actually a bit of a scifi fan so hitfilm hit's the spot for me. Used to use Premiere and mucked about with after effects but would not consider those programs today. I don't do adobe cloud/subscription stuff.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

Hitfilm can be fussy about what graphics card you use with it, it wouldn't work at all with my old intel internal graphics. It does however work very well with the right card and utilizes the card a lot. You might want to check your card meets the specs on their site. I don't have any problems with my 6gb Nvidia 1060 GTX.

I'm on Windows 10 and have the same graphics card as you and my install of HFPro, IgnitePro and ActionPro was also without issue.

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

One thing I did notice, I wasn't able to close Action Pro, the little cross on top right wasn't there. That's an animation package that also comes with the bundle, don't think I will use it though.

I noticed the same thing but found that if you hit Alt & Enter it brings up the usual close button (X) at the top right hand side of the window. 

• Thanks 1