Humble Bundle - Filmmakers ( inc Hitfilm Pro 14.1 )

aidan o driscoll

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/professional-filmmaking-tools-software

For $30 you get Hitfilm Pro ( worth $349 ). It looks like the latest version. Definitely worth a punt at that price?

Can confirm its ver 14.1.9605 .. both PC & MAC

Also included is:

- IGNITE PRO
- ACTION PRO
- LOAD OF STOCK FOOTAGE and more

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/professional-filmmaking-tools-software

For $30 you get Hitfilm Pro ( worth $349 ). It looks like the latest version. Definitely worth a punt at that price?

Can confirm its ver 14.1.9605

That's a deal alright! Even in the BF sales Hitfilm Pro was over 200 GBP (had a look myself).  Worth a punt for sure. 

• Like 2

Ignite Pro is even a bigger deal for me.  185 plugins I can use in Vegas Pro (or most any editing software).  560 effects and presets.

For me this is the best offer from Humble Bundle ever.

And in case I need to do a lot of explosions in my home movies, I'm all set.

The bundle of Hitfilm and Ignite is $583.   I have sometimes seen Hitfilm thrown in with an update to Vegas.  

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yip .. bought it. Other software worth it also like Action Pro and Ignite Pro .. plus a load of stock footage etc

Yup, Sold! Loads of extras and Ignite Pro is also very cool.

I got Hitfilm Essentials with a previous Vegas purchase but this is another level.

Loads to download now! 

Cheers Aidan 👍🏻

• Like 1

This is really a smokin' deal...

Hit Film Pro + Ignite Bundle = $466
Action Pro = $99
Filmstro Pro = $299
Flat Lower Third Add on = $29
SmartRekt = $19.99
Controlit = $9.97
SmartL3RD = $29.99
Modular Lower Third - $29.99
not to mention all the content you get...

for $30???

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, cclarry said:

This is really a smokin' deal...

Hit Film Pro + Ignite Bundle = $466
Action Pro = $99
Filmstro Pro = $299
Flat Lower Third Add on = $29
SmartRekt = $19.99
Controlit = $9.97
SmartL3RD = $29.99
Modular Lower Third - $29.99
not to mention all the content you get...

for $30???

All that stuff listed there is $30?

Also looking at this today.

So, a very interesting thing I thought I read or understood was that HitFilm would soon (or might already) support After Effects plugins and scripts which would really increase the value and utility of this application.

I am currently at Vegas 15 but it has been so troublesome lately that I have been looking at alternatives like DaVinci and HitFilm so this is a really interesting value and all the more if the After Effects piece were a part of it. 

(update) Just saw that the latest update DOES include support for SELECTED After Effects plugins which is very interesting.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
Added select After Effects support
  • Like 1

Most people don't really need the pro/dongle version of DaVinci Resolve.  Though I personally wouldn't give up my dongle. 🙂

Hitfilm has never really been in the same class as Fusion.  But I may be slightly biased since I've paid well more than $1k for Fusion licenses (before Blackmagic).  Lucky for me my last Fusion support contract got me a free Blackmagic Fusion dongle.  And now they have made it so the Fusion dongle will authorize Resolve.

I saw that bit about After Effect plugin support coming to HitFilm.  I've seen this in the past (before Adobe cloud) there were several apps that supported AE plugins.  But none of them could keep up with the changes in AE for very long.  Or they were so completely buggy as to be unusable.  I don't think I'd ever get my hopes up on plugin compatibility.  Even OFX plugins rarely work right on all platforms/hosts and they were meant to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Most people don't really need the pro/dongle version of DaVinci Resolve.  Though I personally wouldn't give up my dongle. 🙂

Hey Matthew, didn't know you were a seasoned DaVinci Resolve user. I started using the free version about this time last year after a completed project in Vegas 15 would only partially render (plus a number of other instabilities and annoyances which were probably similar to your experience @Simeon Amburgey).

Resolve has become my goto and is a very stable and impressive piece of software. Regular updates keep it up-to-date and the free training videos on their website get you up and running in the basics fairly quickly. I have only scratched the surface of what can be done in Fusion and all the other modules seem to be equally pro in their capabilities.

I looked at Hitfilm Pro as an alternative a year ago but thought it too expensive at the time especially when compared to the free version of DaVinci Resolve. So it seemed to be a no brainer to give Resolve a try.

Still at this price I am happy to also give Hitfilm Pro a shot. The UI looks familiar if you are used to other video editors.

There's a getting started video here -->

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Good find, thanks Larry! Great way to spark interest in the product.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

That all looks pretty cool. What if you just want to make some cool music videos for YouTube and maybe some weird vintage movies? I guess some of you are essentially saying this is some superfluous stuff despite the great deal when compared to even the free version of DaVinci Resolve. I've intentionally let some good deals go by. Trying hard not to collect and only buy what I'll actually use. I'm actually just getting into video editing. 

Edited by Christian Jones

43 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

That all looks pretty cool. What if you just want to make some cool music videos for YouTube and maybe some weird vintage movies? I guess some of you are essentially saying this is some superfluous stuff despite the great deal when compared to even the free version of DaVinci Resolve. I've intentionally let some good deals go by. Trying hard not to collect and only buy what I'll actually use. I'm actually just getting into video editing. 

You could use HitFilm or Resolve to make YouTube music video content. Superfluous content aside, HitFilm Pro looks like a pretty good video editor but I will reserve full judgement until I have properly compared it to DaVinci Resolve.

There's 19 days left on the Humble Bundle deal so why not try out the demo of HitFilm Pro and the free version of DaVinci Resolve and see if either one is what you  are looking for before committing to the HB deal?

Edited by ZincT
  • Great Idea 1