Embertone Walker 1955 Concert D

Simeon Amburgey

Just discovered this piano library and it is massive!

Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway Concert D Piano Library

I am working on downloading and installing in between trying to put my new PC build together.
It has an amazing 32 velocity layers and uses an interesting sample recording re-performance technique that allows accuracy and consistency between the layers.

Anyone else here using this library? I am hoping to do a play-through video soon.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey

I have not checked it out - I have a bunch of really nice pianos, and any one of them is better than anything anyone recorded on since the 60's, so I kind of slacked off on trying to get the next best piano library - I actually just recently canceled my EastWest Composer Cloud X or Plus or whatever their super-sized one was called - it was 5 mic positions and 48k x 24-bit - I just pretty much use the ones in Kontakt, that came with Komplete 12 Ultimate.  Those sound great.

I might go check the Embertone one out though, to hear what 32 velocity layers brings to the table - :)

Bob Bone

I use this one. It does really sound great, and the varying mic positions really help find a place in a mix. My go to pianos at the moment are:

• This one
  • ISW Pearl
  • Wavesfactory Mercury
  • Keyscapes LA Custom C7

Between these, there is a piano to fit the bill.  I still occasionally use the pianos in Ivory II, particularly the Bosendorfer, but not nearly as often as I used to.

Dan

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dcumpian said:

I use this one. It does really sound great, and the varying mic positions really help find a place in a mix.

Dan,

Have you experimented with the Multis in the Walker?
I think if you have the horsepower this is a very interesting way to tailor a particular piano sound in a mix.
I was checking this out last night and assigned the different mic slots to faders on my nanoKONTROL and it was a very interesting way to adjust the blend of the mic positions.

I am amazed I am just finding out about this one ;) 

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...