Shortcut Binding

Astraios

Thanks for the link to the details in your post from January about your modified keyboard (including the enlarged keyboard picture in the pdf).

Cakewalk once decided to bind many commands (about 340) in their own 'default keyboard' context. This makes the situation quite complicated.
The rudimentaly created keybinding-editor gives everybody a hard time to realize what I try to set up.

Your original post in the current thread now makes more sense.  As I now understand it, you already had your own setup (including keyboard mappings/bindings using your modified keyboard) that worked very well for you and the changes Cakewalk did really messed that up.

9 hours ago, Astra-Ios said:

"The Keyboard Shortcuts window is a necessary feature that’s only half-done."

For me, taking lanes or workspace-philosophy isn't that much the hype, I rather prefer optimation on things I really need.  Thx for reading 🙂

With nice regards
from Berlin

I now understand why you would rather see Cakewalk focus on other features/optimizations (that you need more than "Workspaces/Lenses").

I will have to look more closely at your post from January to see if there is anything I can borrow to use in designing my own customized "Workspaces."

For what it's worth, in a box, I have a prototype [breadboard] of the start of an arduino-based midi controller. It has been collecting dust for a few years.  If I get back to it (one of these years), I might want to borrow some ideas from your  modified-keyboard-as-Cakewalk-controller project.

• Thanks 1