Mixanalog launches Gyraf G24 Passive Aggressive Compressor - Free until 2020

cclarry

Mixanalog, the online service for processing audio through analog gear, has added Gyraf Audio G24 to its growing collection of modern and vintage gear.

Mixanalog says the G24 is a new kind of optical compressor. It has a fully passive signal path and Sound on Sound reviewer Hannes Bieger described it as "clean and very expensive sounding at the same time". Unique to the G24, it contains not one but two separate side-chains which can be used individually or blended together.

The user gets full control of the G24 through a plugin-like web interface and processed audio is streamed back to the user so that they can hear their settings and changes in real-time and in lossless quality. Sample rates up to 192kHz are available through Burl Mothership converters. Response of remote control is instant, latency is as good as 40ms in Europe.

The controlling circuits, which make it possible to use G24 through Mixanalog from anywhere in the world are implemented passively with relays to continue the passive technology theme of the G24 signal path.

Gyraf G24 is free to use until the end of December, limited to 30 minutes per user per day. To experience it on Mixanalog you need a good internet connection of at least 10MBit/s which can be checked on its speed test tool.

After 1st January you will be able to reserve it in slots of 15 minutes at $15 per hour.

With Mixanalog, you can try analog gear like the G24 yourself, on your tracks and with your settings. For more info, head to mixanalog.com

https://mixanalog.com/products/g24?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=kvr&utm_campaign=G24news

I tried it out earlier this year and it's really really cool! They give you some free time when you sign up so you can play around and figure things out.  I didn't have any problems processing or anything like that. My problem is trying to fit it into my mixing workflow.  You need to upload the stems/tracks, process them, then download them again and plug them into your DAW...    Still, what an incredibly cool "outside the box" idea!  (See what I did there?  ;) )

Edited by mibby