bandlab feedback freeze problem

Paul Bush

Hi guys ,

look I´m pretty new to cakewalk and have  managed to  finish my fisrt song , I´m now at the mixdown stage even from the first recorded track the whole proceduer seemed to freeze and the master fader went into the red and stayed there untill I re pushed the play button once or twice and then worked o,k  this wolud happen really quite often , I also did a quick mix on mp3 worked perfectly and then three or four times  just didnt take so its really quite hit and miss has anyone expirienced the same sort of problems? ..it seems that there is a feedback problem ?      any comments would be helpful ..thanks P B 

At the mixing stage, input monitoring should no longer be enabled on any audio tracks, so feedback should not be possible. But if you're using onboard sound as the audio interface, make sure the Input in the onboard mixer app is set to Line or Mic In rather than 'What U Hear' or 'Stereo Mix' which monitors and records from the output rather than the input which can lead to feedback.

And every track/bus should be routed to the master bus, which is used as the export source.

Feedback problem? Never experienced such here. Internal or external? Your latter post indicates it could be in-the-box-feedback. IIRC it is possible (?).
Do you have a microphone on (external mic or PC's  integrated mic) picking the sound from the loudspeakers?

Hard to answer without knowing more about your set up/connections and workflow.

Hi Kalle,

thanks for replying , there´s no external microphone  and the funy thing is I´m saying its a feedback but its the only way i can explain it. it  looks like a feedback but with no sound  the  master goes into the red , as soon as i repush the play button or stop..... it adjusts itself and then continues to play as normal , i also have a problem using cakewalk and youtube    simultaneously.....that said it does function     regadrs paul B 

Are you using any plugins?  Everyone is focused on the "feedback" descriptor, but that's not the only thing that causes meters to get pegged and sound to cut out.  One or more of your plugs could be crashing.  I had this happen just recently.

Try disabling all of your plugins and see if that stops it.  If so, then you need to narrow down which plugin is the culprit.

Some questions.

Which plugins are you using in your project?

What is your audio driver mode set to in preferences / audio / playback and recording? If you want to share YouTube while playing in Cakewalk you may want to set it to wasapi shared.

Which build of Cakewalk are you running? Have you installed the latest 2019.11 release?

Hi Noel thanks I´ll give the wasapi thing a go , this is my first cakewalk project so I assume its the latest version I´ll do the updates now as i´ve just posted my first song on FC thanks for the info I´ll keep you informed PB...... p.s  I have no idea what a wasapi I´ll take a look at the prefereces 

A driver is a software component that an application uses to communicate with and control hardware. Every audio interface generally comes with a driver and sometimes a software mixer that should ideally  be installed before connecting the interface. The latest version is usually available on the manufacturer's website. Make sure you have the most current driver installed for the Behringer, and if you have ever installed a generic ASIO driver like ASIO4All, uninstall it.

Hi David ,Ive now switched to waspi playback so it seems to have stopped peaking at the moment so Ì`ll carry on with this set up and see what happens .. I do however think there is something wrong with my computer its new but if there`s a dodgy one outthere then It´ll always  end up with me its a curse but hey it could be worse ....cheers paul B