Studio One (not a deal)

RSMcGuitar

1 hour ago, Zo said:

lol have you pushed it ?  notice that i'm with intel gpu here 

Yes, every time I do a mix...   ;)  I also run into issues sometimes with OpenGL. I can't upgrade my graphics card.  It's waaaay past time to upgrade my DAW PC!

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:42 AM, Zo said:

win 7 i understand but 8 ? WTF ...at least support the last and previous not only the last version of windows !!!  this will mean for me here last version of studio one before changing comp .... not soon at all ...

Or maybe they diffreneciate windows 8 and 8.1 ?

Working as a programmer and we're doing the same. Win 7 actually got a support extension because it was popular.

Both windows 7 and 8 (not 8.1) support are expiring in early 2020.

i did the same test in cubase : smooth like butter 

Same in sonar : smile on my face like (i remember why i stayed with this during 30 years !!)  

Gonna dowleoad 4.6 and see if it's doing this ..i'm slowy going to cubase and back to sonar .... shame cause during production it's the best of all

Edited by Zo

OK guyz 4.6 running smoother and all good ..i knew that 4.5.4 was blah .....and 4.5.5 was all about faderport stuff ....

Might be only the re install thingy or some but happy now ....ouf ....

Will report if i see strange stuff ...

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

By the way guyz i noticed some space moving from hardrive , and when i opened the Temp folder in windows , each time i open studio one iu have those files created

Plenty of them , if i save and close most of them are deleted but if i close like that they stay , and there's a lot !!!

anyone can double check ?

tmp.JPG

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

By the way guyz i noticed some space moving from hardrive , and when i opened the Temp folder in windows , each time i open studio one iu have those files created

Plenty of them , if i save and close most of them are deleted but if i close like that they stay , and there's a lot !!!

anyone can double check ?

tmp.JPG

Checked both C:\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp (wasn't clear from your post) and I'm not seeing any files created when I run/close Studio One Pro 4.6.

7 hours ago, Cristian said:

Working as a programmer and we're doing the same. Win 7 actually got a support extension because it was popular.

Both windows 7 and 8 (not 8.1) support are expiring in early 2020.

Windows 8.1 falls under the same lifecycle policy as Windows 8, and will reach end of Mainstream Support on January 9, 2018, and end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18581/lifecycle-faq-windows-products

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:42 PM, Zo said:

win 7 i understand but 8 ? WTF ...at least support the last and previous not only the last version of windows !!!  this will mean for me here last version of studio one before changing comp .... not soon at all ...

I agree, since Win 8.1 doesn't reach end of extended support until Jan 10, 2023 (3 more years).

Edited by abacab

On 12/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, abacab said:

Windows 8.1 falls under the same lifecycle policy as Windows 8, and will reach end of Mainstream Support on January 9, 2018, and end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18581/lifecycle-faq-windows-products

From the same page:
"customers on Windows 8 have two years, until January 12, 2016, to move to Windows 8.1 in order to remain supported."

So windows 8 support is actually being officially retired.

Now the software I code for at work on still runs on windows 8 (as well as 7) we simply no longer support it and no longer test it and it may well stop running on those versions at some point.

My bad on saying Windows 8 (not 8.1) was expiring in 2020 instead of 2016.

Edited by Cristian

1 hour ago, Cristian said:

From the same page:
"customers on Windows 8 have two years, until January 12, 2016, to move to Windows 8.1 in order to remain supported."

So windows 8 support is actually being officially retired.

Now the software I code for at work on still runs on windows 8 (as well as 7) we simply no longer support it and no longer test it and it may well stop running on those versions at some point.

My bad on saying Windows 8 (not 8.1) was expiring in 2020 instead of 2016.

Mainstream support for 8.1 ended last year (Jan 2018). That means no new feature support for developers. Just security updates and such, per Microsoft Windows official lifecycle FAQ regarding "Extended support" until 2023.

Over on the PreSonus Studio One forum it was stated that the reason that their developers are throwing in the towel on any further 8.1 development is because they no longer get any feature support from Microsoft for that platform.

But like you said, it won't suddenly stop working. I do see their point about Studio One development needing feature support.

Edited by abacab