Studio One (not a deal)

RSMcGuitar

30 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Little warning after upgrade to 4.6.... :(

warning.jpg.c9efa04b449c8bda53553557477aa5ac.jpg

Please following the steps below to resolve that issue:

1.  Uninstall Fat Channel Collection Volume 1 from menu Studio One > Studio One Extensions and then restart Studio One.

2.  Go to menu Studio One > Studio One Installation > My Purchased Items and install Fat Channel Collection Volume 1 again.

If you have any problems installing add-ons please see this support article:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003298152--7-Studio-One-4-Installing-Studio-One-Add-Ons

Source: https://answers.presonus.com/46545/why-is-the-fat-channel-plugin-now-longer-working-studio-one-6

Personally I just reinstalled and restarted. Worked fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, mibby said:

Don't you just hate it when the FREE update they just gave you breaks the FREE software that you never use that they gave you earlier??  

Nah...  I knew guys from Presonus were working all the time very hard to improve S1 so I was pretty calm it would be fixed soon. :) 
Just wanted to put some friendly warning for all those were not so curious new things but caring more about Vol1 plugins.

But it was a bit premature of me as fix was extremely fast and easy ( thanks @rasure) Maybe I should first to use google before publishing info about issue without solution, my bad...

While I am complaining a lot about broken software, not finished products, bugs etc, I do still remember what is free and what is a gift 😜

Anyway as a user in the same time I have strong desire to use software which is state-of-art, so please let me to complain in other topics from time to time ;)

• Like 2

New amps sound and feel pretty good. But all your old presets are gone with the wind! Like they never existed.

The blackface style amp sounds nice, although the EQ doesn't work as on the real amp. If you turn all controls to their minimum values the real amp produces no sounds, and this one does.

And no noise gate? Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

The blackface style amp sounds nice, although the EQ doesn't work as on the real amp. If you turn all controls to their minimum values the real amp produces no sounds, and this one does.

I guess they got the noise gate emulation right from the real amp😂

• Haha 1

win 7 i understand but 8 ? WTF ...at least support the last and previous not only the last version of windows !!!  this will mean for me here last version of studio one before changing comp .... not soon at all ...

Or maybe they diffreneciate windows 8 and 8.1 ?

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Soundwise said:

New amps sound and feel pretty good. But all your old presets are gone with the wind! Like they never existed.

I had never even used this before, but started a project before the update with it loaded and the previous Ampire vanished on that track after the update (the FX was there, but the GUI went blank on it). That might get people upset enough to get that fixed.

These are definitely usable, especially for free, but the noise gate does stand out. The amp hum is nice, but you rarely want that in the track. It is consistent enough that noise reduction would remove it, but PreSonus doesn't have a capture/remove print tool (yet).

That video could have been done better IMO. Fumbling through a GUI in 23 minutes isn't as nice as a direct presentation in 6. I didn't make it past the "mics must be by cab" part of it.

• Like 1

Guyz may i ask you if you experienced slow graphical behavior in studio one since 5.4 and up ... specially when using open gl stufff ....i have a session that is loaded with console 1 and several other stuff and it's slow whenever i move a plugin or some while being at 50 % cpu  on max ...

18 minutes ago, Zo said:

Guyz may i ask you if you experienced slow graphical behavior in studio one since 5.4 and up ... specially when using open gl stufff ....i have a session that is loaded with console 1 and several other stuff and it's slow whenever i move a plugin or some while being at 50 % cpu  on max ...

Not me, and I've probably got the crappiest PC on here, aDell with an  i3 ...

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Haven't noticed anything Zo but I don't have console 1. Which other plugins use Open GL? I could give them a try if I have them.