Cool Water

Lynn Wilson

On 12/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

This is a really cool tune - made me think a bit of Peter Gabriel - maybe that's because of your vocal.  I really liked the sound of your lead vocal - whatever fx you're using there - and there were some very nice BGVs in this. The mix sounds quite nice to my ears - the bass line is very clear. There's a lot going on in the mix, but it sounds like you've got it under control.

If I were you I wouldn't change the mix - it sounds professional - radio ready.

Hi Lynn -  i really agree with all of what Douglas said - great track, well written, played and produced

Cool

Nigel

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kloon said:

Great tune and great vocals, they could be a tiny bit louder in my ears.

Very much Peter Gabriel as someone else pointed out.

I can make them louder.  Thanks for the input!  It's quite a compliment to be mentioned with PG, and if you ever see him live, you'll get the same chuckle that I do :)

13 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Lynn -  i really agree with all of what Douglas said - great track, well written, played and produced

Cool

Nigel

Nigel, thanks a ton!  That gives me encouragement.

10 hours ago, amiller said:

I like this.  There’s plenty of stuff to keep the listener’s interest and attention.  Very enjoyable.

I am happy to entertain!  Thank you so much.

• Like 1

I like the dense mix with everything move. Nice shimmery with "welcome to the mystery". Wonderful change. The background vox parts sound kewl. I like how things change up and the movement you make in the mix. Real guitar with ebow? Sounds like stuff I'd hear Vai do. I like the long lines you're doing there.  This is really interesting and pleasant.  Ok, the next song came on and I see the long guitar lines are a part of your style. There's a Steely Dan-ish-ness to your vocals.

Edited by congalocke

On 12/18/2019 at 5:07 PM, congalocke said:

I like the dense mix with everything move. Nice shimmery with "welcome to the mystery". Wonderful change. The background vox parts sound kewl. I like how things change up and the movement you make in the mix. Real guitar with ebow? Sounds like stuff I'd hear Vai do. I like the long lines you're doing there.  This is really interesting and pleasant.  Ok, the next song came on and I see the long guitar lines are a part of your style. There's a Steely Dan-ish-ness to your vocals.

Thank you for your keen observations!  Yes, that is an Ebow that I use with my PRS Tremonti, which I use in a number of songs.  The  reference to SD  is very kind, indeed.  Happy holidays to you and all.

• 1 month later...

Nice one, Lynn!   Loved it.   The chord changes between sections are really cool.    And the mix is hot and punchy yet everything is so well defined.  Great job getting that separation.  I agree with others that this is one of your best.  

Just drop down that stone melody and you're all set.   😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, SteveC said:

Nice one, Lynn!   Loved it.   The chord changes between sections are really cool.    And the mix is hot and punchy yet everything is so well defined.  Great job getting that separation.  I agree with others that this is one of your best.  

Just drop down that stone melody and you're all set.   😉

Thanks Steve, much appreciated!  As for the stone, I'll see what I can do.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, paulo said:

"If looks could kill they probably will..."

.......If Peter Gabriel ever hears Lynn's intro to Cool Water. ;)

Mix coming across very well on lappy speakers. Lots going on but it's all there.

Paulo, if you only knew...  Happy to hear from you!  Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1