This Is Your Life

kloon

4 hours ago, SPAK said:

Right up there .. I get Toms obs and your take on the beat, for me it all works although I would have loved a M8, say lead guitar, but it's a small crit .. I do love your stuff as you know, probably 'cause of your lyrics with great mixing ... so all good here, thanks for the post 👊

Steve

Where was the inspiration for the lyrics ..?    Just love to know

Thank you very much Steve for your kind words and support.

The inspiration for the lyrics is this growing group of men in society and online that seem to be lost, not really know their place in life.  No purpose, very bitter and often lonely. He could be dangerous, like a ticking bomb. But he doesnt have to be, its all up to the listener. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

True to your style on this one I always love hearing your new songs.  The switch between talking about  anger and then loving a girl was a little abrupt (sort of a non sequitur)  Dont really think it's an important detail, though.

Thank you very much David! I absolutely get what you mean.

2 hours ago, Lynn said:

Wow, this has a very modern pop sound combined with a vintage vibe that draws you in.  On headphones the mix is well panned, and the vocal sounds quite big, and on speakers, it fills the room.  I like this very much, and I think it stands on its own, as is.  Merry Christmas to you, too.

Thank you very much Lynn for your kind words, glad you like! :)

5 hours ago, kloon said:

Thank you very much Steve for your kind words and support.

The inspiration for the lyrics is this growing group of men in society and online that seem to be lost, not really know their place in life.  No purpose, very bitter and often lonely. He could be dangerous, like a ticking bomb. But he doesnt have to be, its all up to the listener. :)

Thanks for that ..I will hear it in a more understanding way now, for me it's kind of important with work like this ... Thanks again for your time 👍

Steve

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice job kloon - this song sounds radio ready to me - get it to the right people😃

Good mix and a well arranged song - I liked your lead vox on this.

I agree with emeraldsoul - maybe the drums could use a bit more variation - but that's a small crit.

Thank you very much Douglas.

10 hours ago, amiller said:

Excellent song and mix.  I concur with others on the harmony part.  If they were up more this song would sound so much bigger...epic even,.😊👍

Thank you very much, and i will take the feedback with for future songs.

What a fun intro. Love that arpeggio part, (what instrument/vst is that?) and it all sounds great.  I'm with garybrun in that I hear it as a bigger song in my head, (Maybe adding a bunch of instruments during the chorus?) It has the feel of a sunrise/new horizon like Where theStreets Have No Name. And it felt like it ended to quick. Keep up the good work.

Edited by congalocke
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, jude77 said:

You're getting a ton of accolades and rightly so!!  This is really a killer track with pro-level arranging and playing.  And the fact you sing so well is just icing on the cake.  Remember us here on the forum when you make it big!

Hey Jude, thank you! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, congalocke said:

What a fun intro. Love that arpeggio part, (what instrument/vst is that?) and it all sounds great.  I'm with garybrun in that I hear it as a bigger song in my head, (Maybe adding a bunch of instruments during the chorus?) It has the feel of a sunrise/new horizon like Where theStreets Have No Name. And it felt like it ended to quick. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words.

The first sound (absolute beginning) is Zebra 2, and the bassline is VPS Avenger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 12:12 PM, kloon said:

First post updated with an acoustic version as well!

Really enjoyed the acoustic version too but I think the plugged original just shades it for me. Sounds even better on a subsequent listen - teriffic song - really great work. Andy

Edited by AndyB01
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Really enjoyed the acoustic version too but I think the plugged original just shades it for me. Sounds even better on a subsequent listen - teriffic song - really great work. Andy

Thank you very much Andy! :)

4 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Kloon,

Electro-angst, I love it - reminds me of the Proclaimers in a strange way.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Hehe, "Electro-angst" love that term. Glad you liked the song Paul, will have to check out The Proclaimers.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...