For anyone into heavier stuff....

AxlBrutality

I don't know how many metalheads we have in here, but I figured I'd post my stuff in here.

All of these projects are solo projects.  Vocals, guitars, bass, piano/keys, orchestral arrangements, drum programming (I do play drums, but find it easier to program these days), lyrics, recording/mixing, etc.).

-Silence Before the Storm is a heavier metalcore/light melodeath/groove metal type project of mine.  For fans of old Chimaira, Unearth, Heaven Shall Burn, Lamb of God, etc.

Newest release: The Sufferer EP (Spotify, Youtube)

-Agony By Default is a death metal project that bounces between melodic death metal and blackened melodeath.  For fans of vehemence, Kataklysm, Dark Tranquility, Dissection, etc.

Newest release: Refleksjoner (Spotify, Youtube)

-Ashes of Denial is a hard rock/post-grunge project with some occasional acoustic stuff.  For fans of Tantric, Days of the New, Alice In Chains, Black Label Society, Shaman's Harvest, etc.

Newest release: Dark Days (Spotify, Youtube)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:18 AM, AxlBrutality said:

I don't know how many metalheads we have in here, but I figured I'd post my stuff in here.

All of these projects are solo projects.  Vocals, guitars, bass, piano/keys, orchestral arrangements, drum programming (I do play drums, but find it easier to program these days), lyrics, recording/mixing, etc.).

-Silence Before the Storm is a heavier metalcore/light melodeath/groove metal type project of mine.  For fans of old Chimaira, Unearth, Heaven Shall Burn, Lamb of God, etc.

Newest release: The Sufferer EP (Spotify, Youtube)

-Agony By Default is a death metal project that bounces between melodic death metal and blackened melodeath.  For fans of vehemence, Kataklysm, Dark Tranquility, Dissection, etc.

Newest release: Refleksjoner (Spotify, Youtube)

-Ashes of Denial is a hard rock/post-grunge project with some occasional acoustic stuff.  For fans of Tantric, Days of the New, Alice In Chains, Black Label Society, Shaman's Harvest, etc.

Newest release: Dark Days (Spotify, Youtube)

Digging the SBTS stuff man. I love all kinds of metal but am rooted primarily in doom or some sub genre of it along the lines of Type O, My Dying Bride and older Paradise Lost but a little more varied than that too. I'm working on this style I call "Doombilly" which is a melodic doom with some twang. I'll have some stuff up at some point and then we can be the only two here doing this. Until then though I think it's just you near as I can tell

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, congalocke said:

Listening to Hostile,

Nice playing, tone, (what's your gear?), screaming. Wish I had those screaming skills.  Never been a fan of cookie monster singing but respect if you can do it without blowing your voice out. 

Sounds pretty solid man. Nice job....

Thanks!  Yea, harsh vocals are definitely a challenge, and not something everyone can do.  I myself (having done this for close to 20 years) can't hit all the super lows and super highs I used to (which is part of why I actually use high-pitched shrieking pretty sparingly these days, and stick mostly to growling and cookie monster type stuff).

As far as that particular release goes (things change with each project and each release), nothing fancy gear wise on this one.  Guitar was an Ibanez RG 6-string with Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom strings in CGCFAD.  Bass was actually just a cheap DanElectric 4-string tuned down to CGCF, using a Dunlop 5-string bass set of strings, lol).

Amp modelling was all digital in Revalver.  Guitars used a Tubescreamer in front of a 6505 head, and a combination of Mesa, Deizel, and EDVH cab IRs from Ownhammer.  Bass used Ampeg cab IRs from OH.  Drums were done in Addictive Drums 2.  Vocal mic was an SM58.  As far as plugins and processing goes, I rely pretty heavily on Slate and JST plugins, along with a few native Cakewalk ones.

I'm actually just finishing up a new EP for that project...main vocal mic on the new one is a Rode NT2a, and most of my amp sims (guitar and bass) are Audio Assault rigs (with the exception of clean guitars, which I still use Revalver for).  The new release also has some piano on it, for which I'm still using TruePianos for modelling.

It's funny, because that project was kinda just meant to be a random side project that I didn't really know if I was going to put much effort or resources into...was just kindof a "I wanted to have fun and jam some catchier stuff, but still be heavy".  But it's become my most popular project as far as listeners/fans goes.  So I guess that's gonna become my main thing.  Haha.

Edited by AxlBrutality
  • Like 1