Is there a way to make clip fades post-FX bin?

AxlBrutality

This would be particularly useful where amp sims are concerned.  As it stands now, fades are pre-FX bin, which means if you have heavy distortion on your guitar via an amp sim, the distortion itself lessens...and more importantly, with high-gain stuff, the amp noise-to-signal ratio becomes intolerable through the fade (and this isn't something easily cured by gates, even "intelligent" gates like Kaften). 

I realize I can automate the volume, but emulating the curve of slow/fast fades is a very tedious and time-consuming.  Any alternatives?

• Like 1

Clip fades are pre-everything  - applied before the audio hits the track input.

But automation has optional curve types. So use Volume automation, right-click the attenuation segment, and choose 'Fast Curve' (i.e. a logarithmic curve that initially drops faster).

Edited by David Baay
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, David Baay said:

But automation has optional curve types. So use Volume automation, right-click the attenuation segment, and choose 'Fast Curve' (i.e. a logarithmic curve that initially drops faster initially).

Oh snap; I didn't know that.  Thanks a ton!

Almost 17 years of using Sonar/Cakewalk and I still am discovering little shit.  Haha.

I still think it would be nice/easier to have an option to make clip fades post-everything (particularly for start/stop chugging metal stuff, where a ton of automation will still be tedious), but yea.  That really helps, thanks again.

Edited by AxlBrutality