Sonikinetic 12 days of Xmas

cclarry

11 minutes ago, John Bohlen said:

So you must be the one who got it. This only infuriates people that misses by just a few minutes. If you offer something for free, then offer it for a while. This is the only vendor I know that puts a quantity limit on a virtual product.

In the past, their servers had a ton of problems, and it was a real mess for hours, and people were unhappy.

They fix it, so the servers are going well, and the copies fly faster, and people are unhappy...

They pay for any Kontakt player licenses, so they can't give unlimited ones...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

They pay for any Kontakt player licenses, so they can't give unlimited ones...

That would make sense if the library costs more than $200. They're just wasting money paying for the player license. If they're worried about piracy, anybody with a cracked version of Kontakt can run any library.

Look at 8Dio... they're doing just fine. Hopefully we'll see more vendors creating libraries for HAlion Sonic SE as it doesn't require a license.

22 minutes ago, John Bohlen said:

So you must be the one who got it. This only infuriates people that misses by just a few minutes. If you offer something for free, then offer it for a while. This is the only vendor I know that puts a quantity limit on a virtual product.

I got it this time. I've missed them in the past. I didn't whine about it, I accepted I missed it and moved on. Company has to make money on a brand new product. You could just as easily buy it on discount if it's something you need instead of being a choosy beggar.

1 minute ago, TerraSin said:

I got it this time. I've missed them in the past. I didn't whine about it, I accepted I missed it and moved on. Company has to make money on a brand new product. You could just as easily buy it on discount if it's something you need instead of being a choosy beggar.

For me personally, I really don't care. I already have too much stuff that I haven't even looked at. Was just trying to make sense of their business reasoning. 

Just now, John Bohlen said:

For me personally, I really don't care. I already have too much stuff that I haven't even looked at. Was just trying to make sense of their business reasoning. 

It's not that hard to figure out. They want to do something nice for their customers so they give away 1000 copies as a gift. Those quick enough to notice it (their email goes out the second it's up) can get a chance for a copy. They could just as easily do no free copies but they want to as a nice gesture so hey, good for them. Being that it's not even something you care about, I don't know why you're complaining. The company wants these to go out to people who actually want and will use them.

It's not that hard to figure out. They want to do something nice for their customers so they give away 1000 copies as a gift. Those quick enough to notice it (their email goes out the second it's up) can get a chance for a copy. They could just as easily do no free copies but they want to as a nice gesture so hey, good for them. Being that it's not even something you care about, I don't know why you're complaining. The company wants these to go out to people who actually want and will use them.

It seems like you have the need to prove a point... when are you going to feel better? Shouldn't you be playing with your new stuff you just downloaded? 😁

1 minute ago, John Bohlen said:

It seems like you have the need to prove a point... when are you going to feel better? Shouldn't you be playing with your new stuff you just downloaded? 😁

I'm simply explaining something to someone obviously unable to grasp the concept. Nice deflection to the subtle insults though. All because you didn't get something free and are bitter about it. You do you, I guess.

I'm simply explaining something to someone obviously unable to grasp the concept. Nice deflection to the subtle insults though. All because you didn't get something free and are bitter about it. You do you, I guess.

Yeah, dude! I'm thick headed. But, I love you anyway! 😉

• Like 1

Free gifts are nice. 
However, these 2019 offerings from Sonokinetic are much smaller than they used to be. 
Take this Ostinato Noire for example, at under 3K samples, compared to the other three Ostinato libraries between 10K and 20K. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I'd like it if it were more discounted than 33%.   I suggested before no freebies but very heavy discounts for everyone. This recent library didn't seem impressive to where I'm PO'd I didn't get it.

I gotta agree with Kite.   I got the Modal Runs for free, but I would have been disappointed if I had to have paid for it at a 33% discount.    And I missed the Noir Ostinato freebie, but again at a 33% discount (and after listening to their YouTube demos), I don't know if I want it at that price... and I REALLY LOVE the original Noir.   But the Noir Ostinatos seems a bit overpriced, especially as Fleer pointed out, they seem to be rather smallish samples.

So, yeah, I appreciate Sonokinetic giving away freebies, but no freebies and a larger discount would be my preference, too.

10 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

I gotta agree with Kite.   I got the Modal Runs for free, but I would have been disappointed if I had to have paid for it at a 33% discount.    And I missed the Noir Ostinato freebie, but again at a 33% discount (and after listening to their YouTube demos), I don't know if I want it at that price... and I REALLY LOVE the original Noir.   But the Noir Ostinatos seems a bit overpriced, especially as Fleer pointed out, they seem to be rather smallish samples.

So, yeah, I appreciate Sonokinetic giving away freebies, but no freebies and a larger discount would be my preference, too.

I have a lot of their older stuff which is one trick ponies.   Their stuff is high quality but I think after awhile phrase libraries tend to lose their challenge among users.

Sonokinetic is a real classy outfit.     I like Da Capo for $50.  No trumpets but hey I'm a low brass player.

Getting pissed off not getting a freebie is a normal human reaction. Sometimes you can tell by the responses of the haves and have nots.   The reactions on KVR tend to have more angry reactions.   Vi-Control seems to have some  new members that seem like shills.  I mentioned I'd get that Noir Ost if it were 50% off and I was told by a new member to think about what I post so I responded with  "***** shill".   I hate the attitude of treating developers like it's a charity.  If that's the case never get the free stuff or buy it on sale.

Within 2 months I got Miroslav, HWO Gold, VSL Andromeda, and Da Capo.   With all of the plugins, VSTs, Kontakt libraries I have any new purchase is basically like charity. I think we all have our list of developers we like to support and we rarely use the stuff.   I hate the look at the other side shit.  We all play the game.

I doubt anyone knows how much a developer has to pay for the NI Player.    I would assume there are volume discounts for them.   I wonder what the benefit would be giving 1000 licenses away vs.  pricing at a one time $25 purchase?  Why not do both?  I don't mind the giveaway but if one misses it give a "I can't say no discount".  We all have our drives full of that stuff.