Native Instruments 50% Off Sale ENDS TODAY 9th Dec (Heads Up)

ZincT

I was looking at picked acoustic - was planning on waiting for Komplete 13 though as hopefully it's included.   Every time I've bought NI instruments I've always regretted it when it comes to Komplete upgrade time.

How does it sound ?

17 minutes ago, simon said:

I was looking at picked acoustic - was planning on waiting for Komplete 13 though as hopefully it's included.   Every time I've bought NI instruments I've always regretted it when it comes to Komplete upgrade time.

How does it sound ?

Yes that happened to me with Strummed Acoustic but I really like the additions to Picked Acoustic and I reckon I will get plenty of use from it before it's included in a future Komplete upgrade. 

I have both Strummed Acoustics and use them a lot but missed the ability to play them as solo instruments. Hopefully this will work well in that scenario as well as adding  picking patterns to the regular pattern player. It does sound excellent too. 

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/session-guitarist-picked-acoustic/

I'll post an update once I have had a good play with it (might not be today as I'm looking after my 8yr old who is off school with a bug!) 

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Kontakt 6 is on my list but I don't know if I really need it.  Are there libraries that are requiring 6 right now?  I can't figure out if I get any benefit from it now or if it is just a future proof thing? Opinions?

not quite answering your question - but might be worth visiting this thread - If you do decide to upgrade (and I think you should!)

Was thinking of grabbing Mallet Flux, and might just have justified the purchase if it was based on the $ price with the current conversion rate; logging in gives me a £ price that's just a little bit too much for me after Black Friday... Oh well, I managed to pick up In-Session Audio's Fluid Strike.

15 hours ago, jesse g said:

I'm here grinding my teeth because I wanted to buy 12 Ultimate  but I was told to wait for 13 Ultimate.   UUUUGGGGGGGG!!!!! 😣

let's be patient , pretty usr eit's gonna be udge ;)  K9U here  , i lawys wait to have at least 3 or 4 solid stuff , in my case :

K6

massive X

Guitar stuff

Straylight 

• Haha 1

I also was wishing to get the K12 Ultimate. But after thinking a lot I decided to postpone this and got the K12 standad upgrade.

My reasoning:

• The 2 instruments I wanted most were Kontakt 6 (with the 3 new play series instruments) and Massive X and those were included in the K12 standard. The MOD pack effects and the most interesting expansion packs (IMO) were also included.
  • From all the remaining content I was mostly interested in orchestral stuff. With the money I saved by getting the standard upgrade  instead of the Ultimate ($200) I was able to get the Vienna Special Edition vol 1 for $150. And with the remaining $50 I got the Super 8 synth, also in my wish list since released.

In the end I am happy with my decision. I'm not sure how the changes in NI for the next year will be (they announced an option for a subscription plan) but I'm more or less confident that they'll keep the possibility to buy and upgrade licenses. I'll get the Ultimate upgrade one day.

Edited by Sergio