problem with using interface

Maria Isfan

Question

2 answers to this question

You can select an audio track (click on the track number and make sure you have the Inspector Pane open - which you can do by hitting the letter 'I' on your computer keyboard), and that will show the selected audio track on the left side of the Inspector Pane, and the Master Bus will be shown on the right side of the Inspector Pane.

Another way to do it is to click on the Master Bus, in the Bus Pane, which would be in the Track View and sometimes is hidden - there is a little double-arrow at the bottom center-right of the Track View, and clicking on that double-arrow toggles showing or hiding the Bus Pane.  Once showing, you can click on the Master Bus there, and as long as the Inspector Pane is showing, you will see the Master Bus on the left side of the Inspector Pane, and the actual audio interface faders will be shown to the right of that.

SO - either of the above would get you to where you can see the Master Bus, and if you click on the In/Out drop-down, it will show you available outputs to send the Master Bus output to.  Normally, when I use my simple 2/in 2/out audio interface, I simply plug my headphones into its headphone jack and leave the main studio speakers off, or turn down the main output knob on the interface, so I never have to adjust a project to deal with headphones versus main outs.

I do have more complex audio interfaces, one with 8 mic/line ins and a number of different outputs, and I can set up different routing assignments to those various output choices, and/or incorporating the main outs, as well.  That interface also has an expansion unit that gives me an additional 8 mic/line ins, connected through an ADAT optical cable.

Anyways - I hope I have helped you - if not, please take another stab at explaining what you are trying to do, and I will try to give you a better answer.  :)

Bob Bone