Another music cartoon - older members will get it - youngsters may not

Notes_Norton

Originally an Otis Redding Song. Then Aretha came along with the help of King Curtis who was playing sax and leading the band and IMHO made the cover better than the original. But Otis still needs respect for writing it and singing it first.

Aretha might have played piano on that cut, she often did and was a fine pianist. She doesn't get enough respect for her piano skills.

For those like myself who know the song well, the "Sock it to him" part was the kicker.

I never read Pearls Before Swine until I rented a movie from Netflix about cartoonists. In the Stephen Pastis interview I decided I liked the cartoonist and started reading it. They aren't all funny (nobody score run every time at bat) but some of them are great.

A smile is a good way to start the day.

Notes

4 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Originally an Otis Redding Song. Then Aretha came along with the help of King Curtis who was playing sax and leading the band and IMHO made the cover better than the original. But Otis still needs respect for writing it and singing it first.

Aretha might have played piano on that cut, she often did and was a fine pianist. She doesn't get enough respect for her piano skills.

For those like myself who know the song well, the "Sock it to him" part was the kicker.

I never read Pearls Before Swine until I rented a movie from Netflix about cartoonists. In the Stephen Pastis interview I decided I liked the cartoonist and started reading it. They aren't all funny (nobody score run every time at bat) but some of them are great.

A smile is a good way to start the day.

Notes

Do you know what the movie was called?

PBS is the only current comic I read with regularity in this post Calvin and Hobbes world (and have for many years).  

Most of the pun related ones (such as the one in this thread) where Pastis gets hit or deflamed for his lack of humor are the bottom tier of his humor, IMO.  

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Do you know what the movie was called?

PBS is the only current comic I read with regularity in this post Calvin and Hobbes world (and have for many years).  

Most of the pun related ones (such as the one in this thread) where Pastis gets hit or deflamed for his lack of humor are the bottom tier of his humor, IMO.  

I'm not sure, I think it was "Stripped" (no guarantee)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripped_(film)

• Like 1