How do i fix this problem?

Jon Gottlieb

A round trip latency of 25 is normal for so, so interfaces. Both my Tascam us1641 and my Scarlett 6i6 run around there when I'm using a Safe buffer size. I just got this antique M Audio fast track pro along with a PA system and a bunch of junk someone actually put out on the curb with a FREE sign on it. SM 58, 3 Nady wireless systems and best of all a Rexx model 602 pre amp.. Anyhow you can see my screenshot and the reality of crappy interface specs. 

I don't know how old your interface is but if it's older Behringer then toss it out and get something new that works with W10.  And while your shopping a little more RAM wouldn't hurt either. 8 Gigs is sort of bare bones. 

Anyhow the RTL has no bearing on transport responce time. Mine stops and starts instantly.   If I put a million plug ins in a project with only 8 GB RAM I think my computer would freak out and stall like that. It too busy coping so it ignores you. 

2019-12-08.png

Edited by John Vere
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John Vere said:

A round trip latency of 25 is normal for so, so interfaces. Both my Tascam us1641 and my Scarlett 6i6 run around there when I'm using a Safe buffer size. I just got this antique M Audio fast track pro along with a PA system and a bunch of junk someone actually put out on the curb with a FREE sign on it. SM 58, 3 Nady wireless systems and best of all a Rexx model 602 pre amp.. Anyhow you can see my screenshot and the reality of crappy interface specs. 

I don't know how old your interface is but if it's older Behringer then toss it out and get something new that works with W10.  And while your shopping a little more RAM wouldn't hurt either. 8 Gigs is sort of bare bones. 

Anyhow the RTL has no bearing on transport responce time. Mine stops and starts instantly.   If I put a million plug ins in a project with only 8 GB RAM I think my computer would freak out and stall like that. It too busy coping so it ignores you. 

2019-12-08.png

I'll try that. Thank you!

• 5 months later...