WD 1 TB and 2 TB SSD

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Zo said:

I bought a 2 TB thinking i will have room ... remains : 20 gb .... lol  at least it's keeping me to go libraries lol

^^^This my next step - sad but true.   I have two 1TB drives: 1 for Kontakt libs and 1 for non-K - both at 90%.  That's after I moved all my loops and one shots to the BU storage drive.

Sample Hoarders Anonymous!!! 

3 hours ago, Fwrend said:

^^^This my next step - sad but true.   I have two 1TB drives: 1 for Kontakt libs and 1 for non-K - both at 90%.  That's after I moved all my loops and one shots to the BU storage drive.

Sample Hoarders Anonymous!!! 

lol i'm looking actually for 4 tb ....  each time i need 2 

so it was at that time :

2 x 1 tb ssd = 1000 euros at that time

2x2tb ssd = 1000 eyors at that time 

2x 4tb ssd = 1000 euros actually ...

at the end i can cry because of how much linrary i could have bougth !!!

Just now, cclarry said:

1000 of these?
open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.

it's crucial in my work ,i go ssd for safety first .... on laptop and try to do the same for desktop

the goodnews is that for exemple just order a comp fo kids , le,nvovo thinkcenter , and one old 1tb will go there ....always easy to use those ....each time i buy a pack , last generation get used and previous from last goes back up ...ect ...

• Like 2

Some have the ability of sample management wisdom.   (not me)   I do have an Intel 500gb that only has my "premier" libraries such as EW and VSL.  The beauty of Kontakt is you can have libraries scattered across your system and it will remember where it is one you tell it.  Most of the stuff in Komplete you find you rarely use it.  Just start deleting those.  To phase out my HDDs to SSDs is $$$$.  I need to put that towards system upgrades since my Intel 4790 system and AMD FX system is not replaceable.

If you can only afford one 2TB SSD then put your favorites on it.

The sad thing is if you are into gaming your 500gb SSD drive doesn't cut it anymore because of lazy developers who think gamers could not handle compressed video. They could never get a job at Cockos.