Minor Request - Summed MIDI and Audio preview in Track Folder

Mánibranðr Studios

Good question, Jim; I was wondering about this, too.  I fantasized a momentary rectangular magnifying glass type thing that when you hover on a collapsed track folder might show what's in the folder.  That way, when looking for a specific track in a pane of collapsed folders, we could just hover over them one by one instead of ||: expanding and collapsing :|| many folders.  Not sure if that what the request was for, but that's the mental image it conjured up for me.  (Just don't ask me to try to make a mock up of this!) 😉

3 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

@Freyja Grimaude-ValensI'm not understanding your suggestion can you clarify or elaborate in more detail?  Maybe you can can post a screen shot of how the GUI presently looks and a mock up of how the GUI should look after your request is implemented?

Like for example, you have clip A which have notes at the low end of the PRV, clip B which has arpeggiation all over the keyboard range, and then clip C which has chords in the mid range, right? Put them in the folder, and when it's collapsed, the clip pane would show data from all 3 clips in one pane.

In a similar example with audio files, it will show the waveform preview of all the summed up audio clips in the folder pane.

In the case where you have MIDI and Audio data, you could have the MIDI data display, super imposed over the waveform preview.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...