Orchestral Tools Livestream

Hidden Symmetry

The Event at Paramount Livestream on facebook.com/orchestraltools & Youtube
January 22, 2019 / 11 AM (PST) / 8PM (CET)

We will showcase our vision for the next frontier of music making. It will include groundbreaking technological announcements, conversations on the craft of making music, along with some special surprises.
As our special guest, we welcome the esteemed Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL - who's scored films Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Batman v Superman, the upcoming Alita: Battle Angel and many more.
See what's in store for our vision of the future of music making!

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

New sample player for their libraries, with lots of new features not found in Kontakt.  But the libraries will still work in Kontakt.  
Video is HERE

A new store that lets you buy single instruments!  Discounts for bundles!   Video is HERE .

Junkie XL introduced his new brass library.   http://www.orchestraltools.com/jxlbrass

New Songwriter library,  LA Sessions: Songwriter Instruments.   Guitars, bass, drums,  etc -  First OT non-orchestral library.  Coming out later this year.  Video is HERE

LAYERS.  The first library for the new sample player, coming later this year.   A small orchestra arranged in layers.  Stacked notes. Chords. Strings that can morph into Woodwinds through the modwheel.  etc. etc.  And it will be FREE.    Here's a video trailer

Edited by Tiger The Frog

Just found this summary on VI: Control:

Orchestral Tools has created a free Orchestral Tools Sample Player, in conjunction with Axel Hartmann. Features include Auto Volume Scaling to enable legato transition and release samples to blend better, High Res Resampler, Mic Position Merging, Core Implemented Legato, and Advanced Articulation Management. Libraries will continue to be available in Kontakt format as well.

The new sample player will debut with the release of a free instrument called "Layers: Studio Ensembles," using small ensembles structured in layers of different kinds, such as mixed timbres and chords.

Customers will also have a wider choice in pricing structure with the availability of bundle pricing and à la carte pricing for individual mic positions, instruments, and articulations.

In addition, Orchestral Tools announced Junkie XL Brass to be developed with composer Tom Holkenborg, who promises a larger than life sound.

The company also announced LA Sessions: Songwriter Instruments, a collection of pop instruments recorded at United Recording, in Studio B. The instruments include Studio Strings, Electric Guitar, Gospel Choir, Acoustic Guitar, Drum Set, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, and Electric Bass.

Edited by Tiger The Frog

Been watching this. Waiting to see what prices are.
I'm not seeing anywhere that they'll continue supporting Kontakt or for that matter dropping it, just that they're introducing a new sample player.
Maybe I missed that or they mentioned it this morning in the presentation.

Edited by TheSteven

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Been watching this. Waiting to see what prices are.
I'm not seeing anywhere that they'll continue supporting Kontakt or for that matter dropping it, just that they're introducing a new sample player.
Maybe I missed that or they mentioned it this morning in the presentation.

They  said they will continue to support Kontakt.  But I wonder if that will just be for the old libraries.   I wonder if their new Layers library will be released for Kontakt.   I bet it will be like LABS instruments for Spitfire.

Edited by Tiger The Frog