Just been upstairs

Michael Vogel

There have been some real "characters" on the site in the past. Some have been booted or lost interest. No drama queens but I think we had a drama  king or two. Some of them were really interesting.  I wavered between wanting to kill them or laughing at their comments. Some of them were a genuine PITA. One in particular comes to mind.  For the most part I think it has been a great transition. The people who wanted to leave left, the people who didn't stayed...everyone is happy. Almost.

I never liked being in the position where I was watching two ......or three? people go at it and betting on which one the mod was going to pull first. Blow, counter blow, blow, counter blow....yawn.....get the popcorn. I don't enjoy that.

There are some real dedicated guys here who go out on a limb to help others upstairs. It's better now. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm actually surprised we haven't had more of those kinds of comments given the fact that Cakewalk can now be had by anyone which includes those who are not gifted technically or rather might not have bought it otherwise. 

Things have changed. 1st graders now have smart phones and know how to use them. They grew up in a software world, so maybe Cakewalk isn't really much of a challenge to them. Nice that Cakewalk has the included guide and now a .pdf download. I see technical fires regularly put out upstairs. More helpful than some paid software forums. 

I seldom ever see the attack designed to look like a question any more. I hope they can keep it that way. Overall I am VERY pleased with the direction CW is taking. Instead of a sinking feeling that things are "going south" I have a sense of moving ahead and improvement coming from them. I know it's only software, but it's good software and I am glad someone took it on as something to improve and maintain....still for free.

• Like 1

I was glad Meng? Hope I spelled his name correctly, took Cakewalk on. Apparently it was part of a larger business decision. 

I am thinking that by now, we would probably have had the additions to Platinum as extras to purchase unless something is amiss concerning  the original transaction that may have prevented that from happening. The legalese of it might be holding them back, or it could be a simple as things were misplaced or lost during the server takeover. I really don't know. I mean, I could live without those extras. It's nice to have them in Platinum if I want to use them. Not a deal breaker.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:54 AM, InstrEd said:

I would like them to come out with some items to purchase for us to support the CbB.    Time will tell. At least Noel and company are really working on making CbB a really solid release.

Not long after BandLab took over, they created a bunch of merchandise viz, T-Shirts, Mugs and the like. I grabbed a T-Shirt and a mug. You bewdy. Maybe you need to ask if they have some left or if they’re interested in re-issuing them.