Just been upstairs

Michael Vogel

3 hours ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

It’s been ages since I’ve spent any time upstairs, so thought I’d pay a visit. Seems just like the old forums, same questions except the versions are newer. Didn’t encounter any flashing threads, all pretty polite and civil. Verry noice. 

And hear I thought you just went in your attic  as it involved climbing stairs. How are you doing Mike

5 hours ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

...all pretty polite and civil. Verry noice. 

In the old forum, whenever I'd come across a memorable post I'd paste it into a text file. Got some doozies in there. But not a single entry has been gleaned from the new forum. 

Here's a reminder of how it used to be...

Every time I read "RTFM" as a response to a legitimate question, it makes me crazy (I'm putting that in charitable terms). Who the f*(* cares if somebody hasn't read the stupid manual? Isn't that why there's a forum in the first place?

...this may be the point where the ancient guitar-slinging primates get off the boat, and they'll be replaced by a new generation of users.

sonar sucks, they dont provide the bread and butter plugin you need, and if you try your own, it will crash.

Pop music is rubbish so is folk and country i do not know why those styles of music exist total rubbish if you ask me!

And let's not forget this classic:

I find the audio engine to be 20-40% better in Nuendo.

We just don't see that sort of humor around here anymore, and I have to agree with Mike's assessment: "noice!", indeed. 

Fortunately, we still have Gearslutz for our daily doses of entertaining malarkey. Yes, I said "malarkey". Not a political endorsement.

• Great Idea 1

I only had 1200+ post in the old forum over almost 15 years. As time progressed I didn't feel comfortable getting attacked. So my post became less and less.

Here I have more then double my post count in under a year. Yikes!  I must like it down here as most of my post are in the Coffee House :D

I like this forum cuz the people are smart and don't hate each other. Last time I was at gearslutz some seasoned dude came along and crucified my s#!t for asking about chickin pickin from an amp sim and compressor vst. He said I couldn't download talent and called me and my ideas stupid and broke my feelings and he and his sycophantic buddy proceeded derail my thread into something about Thunderbird. It took me back.. last time I got caned like that was in '98 on GS when I asked how to get "killer tracks." Admittedly that was my fault. These days I know how to get killer tracks, and as soon as I can afford that one plugin I'll have them. 

4 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I like this forum cuz the people are smart and don't hate each other. Last time I was at gearslutz some seasoned dude came along and crucified my s#!t for asking about chickin pickin from an amp sim and compressor vst. He said I couldn't download talent and called me and my ideas stupid and broke my feelings and he and his sycophantic buddy proceeded derail my thread into something about Thunderbird. It took me back.. last time I got caned like that was in '98 on GS when I asked how to get "killer tracks." Admittedly that was my fault. These days I know how to get killer tracks, and as soon as I can afford that one plugin I'll have them. 

Did you reply with "Apparently, you can't download class either."?