Versilieus

kakku

It starts very abruptly, you might add some space to the very front.

I like your tunes. On this one I'm hearing some interesting percussion adds, some claps and such. I think something to look around for might be a different hi hat, which seems to be predictable and at the same volume every hit. The cymbal also has a mechanical quality. What are you using for drums? Don't get me wrong, these hi-hats and cymbals work in what I think your genre is, and basically are a part of your style. But if you are looking for a different sonic world, you might start experimenting with those. There are more organic possibilities.

cheers Kakku, another happy winner!

-Tom

30 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

It starts very abruptly, you might add some space to the very front.

I like your tunes. On this one I'm hearing some interesting percussion adds, some claps and such. I think something to look around for might be a different hi hat, which seems to be predictable and at the same volume every hit. The cymbal also has a mechanical quality. What are you using for drums? Don't get me wrong, these hi-hats and cymbals work in what I think your genre is, and basically are a part of your style. But if you are looking for a different sonic world, you might start experimenting with those. There are more organic possibilities.

cheers Kakku, another happy winner!

-Tom

Thanks for the analysis. I think you are correct. I might try fixing this when I am able again

It's a cool groove and I enjoyed the melodies of the lead synth. I thought the mix could use a bit more punch, if that makes sense - it's a bit too subdued. I agree with emeraldsoul about the drums - a bit too much of the same is the same - they could use a bit more variety - perhaps bring in the ride at some point.

Anyway, thanks for posting - cheers.

19 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

It's a cool groove and I enjoyed the melodies of the lead synth. I thought the mix could use a bit more punch, if that makes sense - it's a bit too subdued. I agree with emeraldsoul about the drums - a bit too much of the same is the same - they could use a bit more variety - perhaps bring in the ride at some point.

Anyway, thanks for posting - cheers.

Thanks